Chapter 18

(Weiss

Inside of Vernal's yurt, Vernal is scrapping wood with a knife, dragging it against a small piece of wood. 

Vernal: "Aaaand done. See, it's all in the texture of the wood."

The bandit girl holds up her completed bear figurine and smiles, admiring the work she's done. She turns to Weiss before asking.

Vernal: "How's yours doing?"

Weiss, who is gloomy and poor-spirited, hold up her clearly botched bear figurine. Upon looking at it, Vernal begins to snort, trying to hold back her laughter.

 Upon looking at it, Vernal begins to snort, trying to hold back her laughter

Vernal: "What is that... a fish?"

Weiss begins to pout at her remark.

Weiss: "This is my first time doing something like this. I wasn't good at piano at first either. Come on, Y/N, back me up here."

Sitting across from them is Y/N, who is using a knife to carve a piece of wood, trying to make a wolf figurine, even if it came out badly. 

Y/N #2: "Practice makes perfect. None of us were able to use a weapon amazingly on the first day."

Weiss: "Right, see, Vernal?"

Y/N #2: "Though, I don't know why you brought up being good at piano."

Weiss: "I... I was just using an example."

Y/N #2: "Sounds like a brag to me."

Weiss: "Huh?"

Y/N just smirks as he stops carving the wood from his figurine, turning to Weiss.

Y/N #2: "I mean, you're good at singing, dancing, and now you're saying that you're good at playing the piano? How does that not sound like a brag?"

Weiss: "Huh?!"

Y/N goes to roll his eyes, all while giving Weiss a cheeky smile.

Y/N #2: "Typical Ice Queen."

Weiss: "Y-You dunce! I'm not trying to brag I'm just stating how it is for me."

Their little back and forth begins to make Vernal try to hold back her laughter once more, which Weiss and Y/N took notice of. Annoyed, Weiss then throws the small figurine at Vernal, and it bounces off her head, prompting the bandit girl to burst out laughing. 

Vernal "Man... you guys are a riot."

Once her laughter fades, Vernal stands up, wiping her hands off on her clothes before turning to Weiss and Y/N.

Vernal: "You guys want to go out by the fire now?"

Weiss happily nods, standing up her spot.

Weiss: "Of course."