Chapter 32

(Blake, Mistral)

On a rainy and foggy night, two White Fang guards are out in the field surrounding the White Fang base as the rain pours down on them. One of them yawns and her comrade beside her, turns to look at her. 

White Fang Member #56: "This is the fourth hour in a row that you done that now."

White Fang Member #57: "What? I didn't get enough sleep last night."

White Fang Member #56: "Well, can you quit it? It's bad enough we're standing guard during this stormy weather."

White Fang Member #57: "Yeah, it makes things too hard to see and hear."

Just then, three dark shapes dash by the two guards from behind them, completely unnoticed as one of the guards turn to her comrade once more.

White Fang Member #56: "Of course, you're not fazed by this rain."

White Fang Member #57: 'Of course not, I'm a duck Faunus. Why you think I chose this guarding position."

Meanwhile, the three dark shapes duck and weave through the field, using the fog as cover to avoid any number of patrols and arriving at the White Fang base. The trio share a quick look before nodding as one of them throw Gambol Shroud as it latched into one of the walls, allowing Blake, Y/N, and Sun to climb up it and onto the roof of the building. The trio are heavily soaked as Blake radios into her earpiece.

Blake: "Ilia, we've reached the main compound."

Ilia: "Affirmative." 

During this, Ilia, Ghira, and Kali are inside of an Mistralian mobile operations center where Ila is manning the radio alongside them. 

Ghira: "Alright then. Once you three get a better picture of things inside, we've got four squads in position to move in."

Ilia takes over the call and gives her instruction. 

Ilia: "Okay, are you guys are on top of the building?"

Y/N #2: "Yep."

Ilia: "Good. There should be a nearby skylight frame and once you open it, you'll have access to an air duct right below it."

With a collective nod, they did as instruct and slips through the skylight into the air duct. They spend a quarter of a minute as they crawl through the uncomfortably tight space before reaching a vent. Blake, being the first to enter inside, peers through, making sure the coast is clear. Once she does, Blake calls back to the other two behind her. 

Blake: "Alright, guys. We'll break in through this vent."

Y/N #2: "I'm good with that. Sun, what about you... Sun...?"

They begin to tense up as no matter how many times Y/N calls his name, Sun doesn't respond. Blake's panic skyrockets, however, when she looks through one of the grates and sees Sun nonchalantly walking around, completely exposed. Blake opens the vent and whispers to Sun, asking him.

Blake: "Sun, what are you doing?"

Y/N light chimes in, also in a whispering tone.

Y/N #2: "Wait, he's there?!"

Sun turns around and holds up a half-eaten donut, saying with a mouthful of said donut.

Sun: "There were donuts in the break room three vents back."

As Blake drops from the air duct, she light glares at him.

Blake: "This is supposed to be a stealth mission."