Chapter 4

(Weiss)

Inside an Atlesian military cargo ship, Y/N is now laying his head on Weiss's lap, sleeping soundly as Weiss gently caress his hair. As she does this, the former heiress stare at the small window, looking over outside to see the ship flying over an enormous lake. After a few moments of silence, Y/N slowly wakes up, rubbing his eyes before looking over to Weiss.

Y/N #2: "Weiss..."

Weiss soon turn her attention to Y/N.

Weiss: "Done with your nap?"

Y/N #2: "Yeah..."

He lifts his head up from her lap and now sit beside her as he glances over to her.

Y/N #2: "Want to check on the pilot?"

Weiss: "Sure."

The two then get off from their seat and head over to the airship's cockpit where the pilot are casually steering the ship.

Weiss: "So, how much farther?"

Pilot: "We're in the home stretch now."

Weiss stands in the back, arms crossed with Y/N leaning against a wall as the hired pilot proceeds speaking. 

Pilot: "No more stops from here to Mistral. Sorry for the long trip. Keeping us off the radar's been harder than I thought. Lots of air traffic around northern Anima"

Weiss: "It's fine. I... just hope we haven't been a burden."

The pilot just chuckles at this.

Pilot: "You two and your money are more than welcome on this ship, kids."

Y/N #2: "Thanks."

Pilot: "So, if you don't mind me asking, but are you two a couple or something?"

Weiss blush a bit after hearing this question, glancing over to Y/N as he steps in and responds back.

Y/N #2: "We are."

Pilot: "I see. And-"

Before he could finish speaking, the ship's radio suddenly picks up a transmission, making the pilot look over it.

Pilot: "What the...?"

The confused pilot reaches over and adjusts a slider, evening out the wavelengths on the screen. Both Weiss and Y/N share a worried look before turning to the pilot. 

Weiss: "Is everything okay?"

Pilot: "I don't know. We're still over Lake Matsu. Shouldn't be picking up broadcasts this far from Mistral. Someone must be close."

A female Mistral pilot begins speaking over the radio in a panic. Hearing this, Weiss and Y/N stands up straight and listens closely.

Mistral Pilot: "Mayday, mayday! We are a small passenger flight, and our Huntress is down! We aren't equipped to deal with this!"

Pilot: "Oh man."

Mistral Pilot: "The Grimm hit us 400 klicks north of the southern shoreline!"

Y/N and Weiss's eyes widen as the sound of an explosion and the frightened Mistral Pilot gasping can be heard.

Mistral Pilot: "Get them off us! If anyone can hear this- Ah!"

Weiss' expression grows even more concerned as the transmission abruptly ends. Y/N, just as concerned as Weiss, turns to the Atlesian pilot as he turns off his radio and turns the ship. Weiss walks over to him and grabs onto a handle in the ceiling.