Chapter 42

(Haven Academy)

Back in the school's grand hall, Ozpin is in the middle of fighting against Hazel but, it's going poorly for Ozpin as he gets thrown into the wall beside the right-wing door leading to the classrooms on the school's right side. 

Ozpin: "You aren't very strong, Roman."

The crime boss bites back at that remark.

Roman: "Yeah, and that's why my cane had a gun!"

On the other side of the door, in one of the ruined classrooms are Jaune and Nora tending to Weiss and Ren. Ren is still completely out of commission but, Weiss, with her aura charging rapidly, is beginning to regain consciousness and acknowledges not only Jaune's presence along with Nora and Ren. 

Weiss: "G-Guys..."

Jaune: "She's waking up."

Nora: "Thank goodness, you're okay."

Jaune: "I just wish this would go faster."

Nora: "How about you don't complain and just be thankful you unlocked your semblance when you did."

Jaune: "Right. Just hang in there, Weiss."

When Hazel approaches to finish Ozpin off, Nora sees him through the other side of the opened door and decides to launch forward to protect the entrance, thinking Hazel might come after them. Nora swings her hammer at him with a battle cry. She leaps into the air, but Hazel catches her hammer, Magnhild and slams Nora into the floor. Hazel then grabs Nora's head, electrocuting her with his lightning Dust-enhanced arms. She screams out in pain as Hazel turns his attention to Ozpin in front of him. 

Hazel: "How many innocent lives must be sacrificed before you're satisfied with your faulty crusade?!"

Suddenly, Nora grabs Hazel's wrist.

Hazel: "Huh?"

Nora, inadvertently enhanced by Hazel's electricity thanks to her semblance, stands back up and flips him over her shoulder. He rolls back several feet away from where they were. Nora then holds her hammer up defensively upon seeing Hazel getting back up, almost immediately. The charged-up Nora then turns her head to ask Ozpin.

Nora: "What does it takes to keep him down?" 

Catching his breath, Ozpin answers back.

Ozpin: "His semblance... he can negate the feeling of pain. It's how he is able to handle injecting so many dusts into his body so frequently."

Nora glares back at Hazel, who finally stands back up, muttering to herself in disbelief.

Nora: "He... he can't feel it?"

Gritting her teeth, Nora jumps forward, yelling out.

Nora: "I'll make him feel it!!"

Hazel charges forward to attack her, Nora preps to swing Magnhild. With a single supercharged swing, she lands a hit on Hazel's chest, launching him through the front entrance, taking a good chunk of the wall with it. 

Now outside, Hazel slides to a stop into the school's courtyard just as Sun rounds the corner, breathing heavily. He looks at Hazel and his injury and in a moment of shock and good will, Sun asks.

Sun: "Hey, man. You doing alright? That looks like it hurt."

The large man groans as a bullhead overhead pushes Sun to keep running.

Sun: "Nice seeing you again. Bye!"

However, even after Sun try to flee, the White Fang have managed to completely surround him. The group gets a few shots off at him but, Sun manages to block them with the staff form of his gun-chucks. They only stop when Adam's voice speaks up to them.