Chapter 41

(Haven Academy)

Silently, Cinder, Raven, and Vernal ride the elevator as it descends towards the Vault. Cinder is lost in thought, pondering over what just happened to Y/N back in the grand hall. 

Cinder: ("What the hell was that?! One moment he's on the floor completely unconscious and then the next, he's summoned those things out of nowhere! Did... did it came from his power... that sword...? Ugh, no matter, once I get the things I came here for, I'll deal with him and the silver-eyed girl later.")

Composing herself, the one-eyed Fall Maiden glances over to Vernal as she speaks up, breaking the silence. 

Cinder: "You should be more assertive with your power. Because you'll be the first maiden to open a vault in decades. You should set a good example for all the other maidens. After all, you're making history."

The bandit girl just gives a deadpan look to her as she quickly replies.

Vernal: "I'm not doing this for any other reason beyond protecting my tribe, my family."

She looks to Raven, who has her arms crossed as she continues.

Vernal: "This is a burden, not an honor."

Both mother and daughter share a knowing look as Cinder chuckles and joyfully comments to Raven.

Cinder: "You trained her quite well, Raven."

Raven doesn't respond as the three continue to ride down the elevator until a moment later, the lift finally reaches the bottom. They then see the Vault under Haven Academy. A massive cavern with a large tree that has glowing orange flowers. The platform reaches the bottom, and the gate protecting the vault is lowered into the ground.

 The platform reaches the bottom, and the gate protecting the vault is lowered into the ground

Cinder: "Hm, it's certainly grander than Beacon's. I wonder what the extra effort was for."

Raven: "Can we please not linger?"

Cinder: "Hm, after you."

Vernal steps off the platform first, followed by Cinder, and then Raven, the latter putting her back on.

(Meanwhile)

Back in the grand hall and near the front of the elevator, the red-eyed Y/N, Ruby, and Yang are being pressed away by Emerald and Mercury. Nearby, Qrow, Roman, and Neo are facing off against Hazel and Lionheart. Both Y/N and Yang are exchanging fists and kicks with Mercury.

Y/N #1: "To think I saw you and Emerald as friends."

Mercury just snickers at that.

Mercury: "Heh, suck, doesn't it?"

Enraged, Y/N use Ruby's semblance to dash over to him. Mercury prepares to kick him away only for the black tornado split into three and goes behind, morphing back into one much to Mercury's surprise. Now standing behind him, Y/N slash him with Grimm Slayer and Yang follow this up by punching him in the chest, flinging him a few meters away. Mercury tries to recover from this only to see the red-eyed Y/N extend his hand and summon a few red glyphs around him. Mercury tries to move out of the way only to see that there's a black glyph underneath him, keeping his legs in place.