Chapter 6

(Weiss)

Inside the Atlesian military cargo ship, Weiss slowly open her eyes, waling up in the main hold of the ship

Inside the Atlesian military cargo ship, Weiss slowly open her eyes, waling up in the main hold of the ship. She looks around, seeing the many seats along the side before turning her attention to Y/N, sleeping soundly with his head on her lap. The former heiress couldn't help but smile upon seeing his sleeping face, caressing his hair gently.

Weiss: ("So cute...wish we can stay like this... but we need to get up now.")

With a disappointed sigh, Weiss calls out to him.

Weiss:  "Y/N, wake up."

Opening his eyes slowly, Y/N starts to wake up, blinking his eyes a few times before looking over to Weiss.

Y/N #2: "Hey, Weiss."

Weiss: "You sleep well?"

Y/N gets off from Weiss's lap and straighten himself, now sitting beside her, while rubbing one of his eyes.

Y/N #2: "Yeah, sure did. So, are we almost there?"

Weiss: "Well..."

She looks out at the small window and suddenly notices a series of landmasses floating in the bright blue, partly cloudy sky, with large black crystals jutting out from the bottom of the rock formations. 

Weiss: "What the...?"

Y/N #2: "What is it, Weiss?"

He then looks over to the window Weiss is staring at and becomes equally as puzzled as her. The two share a look before nodding, quickly deciding to head into the pilot's control room. 

Weiss: "Where are we?"

Atlas Pilot: "Nowhere good. Passing by some of Lake Matsu's floating islands. The gravity dust that forms in these things is giving us a little turbulence. Nothing I can't handle, but the islands sometimes hide some nasty Grimm. I'm just betting on our friends in distress keeping them preoccupied."

They turn to look at an overlay map in the control room, showing them Lake Matsu as a big old lake in the center of Amina. 

Y/N #2: "Grimm? You mean like-"

Suddenly, an airship, which is on fire, is quickly heading towards them, leaving a giant trail of smoke behind it. Noticing this, Weiss yells out. 

Weiss: "Look out!"

The airship comes barreling from their right, narrowly hitting their cargo ship and forcing the pilot to pull upward to avoid it. The doomed craft, bearing a white symbol for Mistral on its sail, proceeds to collide into one of the floating islands.

Atlas Pilot: "You've got to be kidding me!"

The pilot then decides to switch back to the radio, listening in for nearby transmissions.