Chapter 5

(Ruby)

Back in the Mistralian house, there is a collective freeze as Ruby and the others stare in shock at Roman, who is just as surprised to see them here only to slowly realize that Y/N did mention that he had his comrades with him, not just Qrow. 

The room is dead silence with Ruby and the others unsure of what to do

The room is dead silence with Ruby and the others unsure of what to do. Y/N can see their confused expression as to what's going on.

Y/N #1: "Guys... I know it's a big shock but let's be civil-"

Before he could finish, Nora is the first to react by grabbing the table, spilling its contents of the game board, and full-on throwing it at the open door where Roman stand. The crime boss narrowly dodges out of the way. 

Roman: ("D-Did she really chuck a whole table at me?!")

Quickly, Ruby slams the door in Roman's face before turning to her friends.

Ruby: "Get your weapons."

Y/N #1: "What? No, guys-"

Once more, he's interrupted as Ruby and the others quickly grab their respective weapons and chase after Roman, ignoring Y/N's pleads. While they chase the fleeing Roman, Nora decides to just grab the table she's thrown and use it as her weapon, raising it up high, while making a short battle cry. Roman tries desperately to explain himself while fleeing from them with Y/N quickly following behind.

Roman: "Wait, I didn't come here to fight!"

Nora: "You wanna fight?! Fine by me!"

Roman: "No! I came here to get a cane!"

Ren: "So you could kill us?!"

Roman: "What?! No! I-I wanted to find Y/N and Qrow-!"

Ruby: "I won't let you hurt them!"

Nora: "Get him!!!"

Roman: "Let me explain please!!"

Y/N #1: "Guys, stop! Let me and him explain!"

During this, Qrow is practically useless, juggled by Jaune in a drunken stupor as Y/N chase after the others who are ready to take down the fleeing crime boss. Finally, the chase concludes with Roman being tied up and on the floor. Nora raises the table she was holding over his head in order to hit him. This is when Y/N stand in front of her, which makes Nora stop and look at him with some confusion.

Nora: "Why are you stopping me?"

Y/N #1: "Don't hurt him, please."

Ren: "But why?"

Y/N #1: "Because-

Qrow, being supported up by Jaune, cuts in, finally burbling out.

Qrow: "Roman... is the new Ozpin! Yaaay... I did it!"