Chapter 36

(Blake, Mistral)

Ghira slams his fist into the side of the Mistral mobile outpost, seething to himself.

Ghira: "Damn it."

Behind him is Kali and beside her is Sun, sitting at a plastic as Kali mop him dry with a towel as he asks him.

Kali: "Do you know anything else?"

Sun:  "No, they just took off without me. They still got their radio so, I don't know why they haven't checked in over the past thirty minutes."

Visibly furious, Ghira turns to face Sun.

Ghira: "Why did you allow them to go after Adam, especially when you knew they were lying through their teeth to do it."

Sun: "What would you have me do? You know hard-headed Blake can be. Y/N is no different. They were going to do it one way or another. Any attempt to stop them would have blown our covers immediately."

Before she chimes in, Kali pinches Sun's arm.

Kali: "You may be right about that but, the fact you launched no argument is what's really irritating us."

Inside the mobile truck and cuffed to the table, Ilia chimes into the discussion.

Ilia: "Sun is right. I'm not sure about Y/N but, Blake wouldn't back down if she felt it was important. You might be her parents but, Sun and I have known her now longer than you have, so to speak."

Kali shoots a short glare at Ilia before replying.

Kali: "The Blake you knew isn't the same Blake as the one she is now."

Recoiling a bit, Ilia mumbles back to her.

Ilia: "I mean that you should listen to Sun. Out of all of us and aside from Y/N, Sun knows Blake the best."

All eyes turn to Sun, who just smiles and giving a thumbs up.

Sun: "I'm worried but, Blake has been in tougher spots before. I'm sure she'll be fine. Besides, Y/N is already with her so the chances of her coming back unscathed is very likely. Sooner or later, they contact us when they can."

(A Few Minutes Ago)

Inside the alley where she fell, Blake's head pop out of the several uncrushed soggy boxes there. She blinks to awareness, rubbing the back of her head as she mumbles to herself.

Blake: "I thought cardboard boxes were supposed to be soft."

She reaches down and pulls out a tin of tuna from inside of one of the few opened boxes she's on top of, scowling at it. 

Blake: "Of course."

Placing the tin of tuna in her pocket, Blake uncurls from her position and steps out of the boxes, mumbling to herself once more as she gazes at her surroundings.

Blake: "The rain stopped... and the sun is getting low..."

Her train of thought is interrupted by the sudden appearance of Y/N, jumping off a rooftop and landing in front of her. 

Blake: "Y/N?"

The happy Y/N rushes over to her and begins to envelope her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her.

Y/N #2: " I looked everywhere for you... I'm so glad you're okay."

Her brief surprise fade as she smiles and embrace the hug as well. They stay like this for a couple moments before they separate from each other.