Chapter 33

(Blake)

In the evening, Sun emerges from the tunnels, following closely behind Hazel and sticking to the shadows to avoid detection. Once he sees Hazel leave the tunnels, he goes to do the same, arriving at an enormous underground tunnel open on one side with a massive waterfall covering the entrance on the other side. The place is buzzing with activity with White Fang troops crawling absolutely everywhere, delivering crates of supplies from the smaller tunnels, mechanics working on the Bullheads, and the crews fueling them. Sun quickly hides behind a concrete outcropping just before Ghira speaks up through his earpiece. 

Ghira: "Sun, what did you find?"

Mildly panicked over the scale of the operation and the firepower he can see, Sun then goes to silently explain the large underground tunnel that he's in and the White Fang, who are too preoccupied with their own tasks.

Ghira: "I see. That tunnel used to be a highway expansion that the city of Mistral abandoned maybe around ten to twenty years ago."

Sun: "Yeah, well, looks like it's not anymore. This place has a wide enough landing space for a small squadron of bullheads to be in and the White Fang are everywhere here."

Everyone in the command module is surprised to hear that the White Fang have an air force as Ghira continues.

Ghira: "This situation is quickly getting out of hand. We don't have enough people on the ground to handle this. We only get one chance. Sun, I need you to pull back, find Blake and Y/N, and get out of there before any alarms can be raised." 

Sun scowls, looking back towards the way he came in. Only to look down in front of him where there's a labeled box of satchel charges nearby. The wheels in his mind begins turning before he eventually responds back.

Sun: "I don't think I'll get a second shot at this if we do have to come back."

Ghira: "What?"

Sun: "I mean, there's no guarantee they'll still be here but, I can do what I do best and raise a little hell on my way out."

Kali: "What? No!"

Ghira: "If you do that, you'll just alert them to your presence!"

Of course, Sun just ignores their objections as he speaks up. 

Sun: "Just be ready to go on my signal."

Ilia: "What is that signal then?"

Before he answers, Sun stuff his pouches with satchel charges and a detonator.

Sun: "You'll know what my signal is. Just wait until then"

And with that, he moves towards the closest bullhead which is at the back end of the runnel furthest from the waterfall and begin stealthy plant the charges one by one. 

Sun: ("I hope Blake and Y/N are doing okay.")

(A Few Moments Later)

Blake and the red-eyed Y/N are stealthily tracking Adam through the base. He enters the main throne room, the doors of which are flanked by two guards with sizeable pikes in hand. 

Y/N #2: ("Should be easy to handle.")

Y/N and Blake nod to each other before managing to sneak behind and knock out both guards with Y/N karate chopping one of them in the back of the neck. Y/N turn to Blake and talk in a whispering tone.

Y/N #2: "Remember the plan?"

Blake: "Yeah."

She then grabs the guards' pikes and enter the throne room where Adam is facing away from them. When Blake shut the doors, and shoves the pikes through the doors' handles, the red-eyed Y/N quickly vanish from sight via Blake's semblance. He now stands quietly at one of the several ceiling wooden beams, looking down at the room below.