Chapter 34

(Branwen Tribe, The Next Day)

Inside of Raven's yurt, she's in the middle of an argument with Cinder over the special scroll Watts gave her. 

Raven: "We had a deal! It's on you to uphold your part of the bargain first."

However, Cinder is much more aggressive, biting back at her. 

Cinder: "There will be time 'after' retrieving the relic where we can kill Qrow and his tag-alongs but, right now we've got a time pressure we weren't prepared for. Especially if you want to be free from Salem's pursuit. Not to mention how much time it'd take for you and your little Spring Maiden to get to Mistral. Even by car, it'd probably take too long which means my means of upholding my side of the agreement relies on you using your semblance to get to Mistral by portal. And for that, you and I need Qrow alive. 

The bandit woman scowls at this as Cinder continues.

Cinder: "Oh yes. Old Lionheart told me about what's your semblance is and if you want to be free from Salem's radar, you and your Spring Maiden need to go to Mistral ASAP."

Raven is distraught over Cinder's remark as she silently seething at the scroll before speaking through gritted teeth.

Raven: "We'll... be there."

This just makes Cinder smug over her response.

Cinder: "I just knew you be so obliging, Raven. And be sure to bring your maiden with you."

And with that, Cinder ends the call. Raven turns the scroll off and calls for Vernal. 

Raven: "Vernal!"

A few seconds later, Vernal pops into her yurt.

Vernal: "You call for me, Mom? What happened-?"

She's cut off by Raven's frustrated voice. 

Raven: "Just... just listen to me..."

Taking a deep breath, Raven calms herself down before resuming.

Raven: "It seems the schedule has been moved."

Vernal goes to ask a question and Raven anticipates this, answering swiftly.

Raven: "Yes, those kids are alive. Cinder's group will be dealing with them after the theft at Haven, allegedly."

The bandit girl brood over her mother's remark but, answering back.

Vernal: "Okay, I'll go get my things."

Raven: "Hurry, we don't have much time."

(Several Moments Later)

Raven's portal opens in an alley just outside of the Mistralian house that shelters Y/N, Ruby, and the others inside. Raven and Vernal jump out with their masks on. Once the portal quickly vanishes, they take in their surroundings just in time to catch Weiss, Yang, Nora, Qrow, Ruby, Y/N, and Ren emerging out of corner of the alley's entrance. Raven and Vernal hide behind a dumpster and some debris as Vernal watches cautiously, focusing on Weiss, Yang, and Y/N. Neither of them can hear their discussion as the group stand at the alley's entrance.

Ruby: "Jaune should be with Roman and Neo by now, doing their own investigation."

Y/N #1: "And what about us?"

Qrow: "I plan on meeting a guy I managed get into contact with. He should tell us what we need to know."

Ruby: "Okay then."

The red-hooded girl turns to the rest of the group.

Ruby: "Me, Qrow, Y/N, and Ren will go over there. Yang, Weiss, Nora, you guys hold the fort back in the house until we return."