The invitation

"Celeb's have out done it this time" Maria, my assistant, spoke beside me in the quiet chaos.

"Of course, the influencers were too good the last time, I guess they felt like they had to up their game." I say sipping on my champagne and quickly passing a smile to a face I didn't really remember. "Who is that?" I mumble as the said 'face' approached me with pompous walk. 

"Socialite, Aria Min, she wants you to write about her." Maria helps me out as Aria approaches me with a huge, and a bit of a smug smile. 

"Hana! How have you been, darlin'? Looking wonderful, might I add." Aria starts buttering up in a honey laced tone like every other person who wanted something from me. They always did. Fake.

"Thank you, so are you. Always dazzling." I replied, my tone a reflection of her faux politeness. I had to admit, though, she was impeccably dressed, and I had a good eye for fashion.

"I can't wait to try on this season's couture, beautifully done." Aria speaks, positioning her hand on a black Balmain clutch. 

"I agree, it's been interesting, Maria and I were just talking about that" I mentioned, keeping my answer short. 

"I was wondering if you could cover for my couture experience this season. Wouldn't it be amazing if you and I worked together?" Aria spoke with a suggestive expression waiting for an answer.

"That would have been a wonderful opportunity, but I've already decided who I want to write for this season, and I'm pretty busy with the magazine as it is, maybe some other time." I replied with a polite smile. 

"Hana, they need you somewhere right now." Maria says and I quickly say my byes to Aria and leave from there.

"Was I too rude? Did it sound too bad?" I ask Maria without showing any related emotion on my face. 

"No, plus you really are busy this season. Cover her some other time, unlike her fake personality she does have a good fashion sense going on." Maria assures me, as we walk towards where Maria had showed me earlier.

Maria was my emotional assurance giver everytime I needed it, my work wife as I liked to call her; she and I worked really well together.

"Hana, there you are." I hear a familiar voice and smile widely as I and Maria walk towards 4 tall built figures. I instantly smile looking at the familiar figure and walk towards him

"How have you been?" I ask side hugging my friend Vernon. Him being an ambassador for a fashion brand had me seeing him a few frequent times, leading to the friendship. "Did you enjoy the show?" I ask clinking my glass with his. 

"Oh it was amazing, especially cause Mingyu walked the runway." Vernon says, pointing his champagne glass towards Mingyu, his voice sounding more mischievous than serious and I chuckled. 

"Hello there! Good walk down the runway, you could have been a good model." I say happily, and proceed to side hug him as well. Mingyu finds humour in my appreciation and rolls his eyes and chuckles. Vernon, Mingyu were close friends of mine since we used to meet due to work reasons frequently. 

"Hey Hana" he hugged me back with a smile and then introduced me to the two other figures standing with them.

"This is Choi Seungchoel or S.Coups as famously known, our group's general leader, and this is Wonwoo." Mingyu says pointing towards the two men, both very well built figures. I shake their hands to greet them as they do with a welcoming smile. 

"Choi Hana, editor in chief for Marie Clarie." I introduce myself. 

"One of the youngest at that position" Mingyu chimes in.