Jealousy Jealousy

After the game, Dokyeom, Mingyu, Minghao, Na Eun and I were cooking dinner while others were busy singing and getting drunk. I elbowed Mingyu lightly which caught his attention.

"He's been quiet after the game" I said in a worried voice glancing towards Dokyeom who had been a quiet demeanour.

"He just got back from singing a very cheerful song" Mingyu said shaking his head and continued cooking "He seems fine"

"I'm sure he's upset, he hasn't spoken much either, it's almost like he's avoiding me. " I frowned and cut more vegetables for dinner. 

"Hmm, actually that's possible then," Mingyu said, after listening to me. "Go out, start the BBQ" he spoke, handing me the marinated meat and taking the knife from me. I did as he said and went outside and start the barbeque grill; heating up the coal.

"Ya Dokyeom-ah! I'll do that, go grill some meat" Mingyu called out Dokyeom and Hoshi caught it.

"DK my sexy man that grills meat!" Hoshi hollered through his drunk ness with a giant smile spread across his face, startling the others in the kitchen.

"When did you get here?" Mingyu asks, surprised by Hoshi's loud voice and hysterical smile.

"Ah- Jeonghan hyung asked me to drink some water and come then he'd let me sing the rap I made in JiHoon-ie's studio earlier" Hoshi explained and gulped down water from a bottle in a hurry, he picked up a few snacks from the kitchen and left to sing his so earned rap.

"He fell for it," Dokyeom spoke, surprised as he watched Hoshi leave the kitchen.

"Wah- Yoon Jeonghan can convince anyone" Mingyu said acknowledging Jeonghan's convincing powers "Anyways, the meat. Please go and grill it now." Mingyu said, pushing Dokyeom towards the grilling place and where I was standing.

As Dokyeom entered and our eyes met, I mustered a small smile as an attempt to bridge the gap that had seemingly formed between us. However, the tension in the air was very visible, and Dokyeom's demeanour made it clear that he was upset with me.

I hurriedly looked down at the meat on the grill, flipping it to avoid any mishaps and trying to divert my attention from the unease in the moment. Dokyeom approached, his steps measured, and he took the tongs from my hand.

The silence between us was heavy with unspoken words. As we continued to cook side by side, the air was thick with unresolved feelings, leaving me for an opportunity to address the situation. 

"I'll do it" he said without looking at me and started grilling the meat instead.

"It's okay, I'll do it, just check if I haven't done it too much or too less" I said and tried to take the tongs back but failed, this entire atmosphere was becoming more and more uncomfortable.

"Dokyeom-ah" I started but got cut off as he handed me something.

"Wear some gloves, you're gonna burn your hands if even one piece flares up" he spoke, his voice soft. I accepted the gloves and wore them and fetched another pair for him to wear, which he refused making me scoff.

"Yah, you should wear it too, you're the one grilling meat." I argued, knowing this wasn't the time to actually start an argument, but the built up tension was finally coming out now.

"No, I'm used to grilling, I'll be fine. Take care of yourself" he spoke as he cut the pieces of meat.

"Okay, so you're allowed to care for me, but I'm not?" I questioned, my tone reflecting a mix of frustration and hurt. The unspoken tension between us was finally surfacing as we grappled with our emotions.

Dokyeom paused, his gaze fixed on the meat sizzling on the grill, his expression conflicted. After a moment of silence, he sighed and finally looked up at me. "I didn't say that, all I said was I'll be fine"

"Then be fine with gloves on!" I said in a higher tone and forced them into his free hand and took the tongs from him.

After a while, I couldn't bear the awkwardness any longer and decided to break the silence, my voice low and filled with vulnerability. "It was once," I started and Dokyeom interrupted me

"You don't owe me an explanation"

"And yet I feel like I do" I tell him, keeping the tongs down beside the griller, my full attention on Dokyeom.

"After I had joined the company, not recently. He was a guest at one of the old shows. We hit it off in a few conversations and it just happened." I spoke in a firm but vulnerable voice; Dokyeom heard me well, all I wanted to know was what he reacted like.

"You don't owe me an explanation because it was a choice you made, what's there to explain about? You have the right to decide to spend time with whoever you want, however you want. You owe nobody an explanation unless you think you've done something wrong. Did you do something wrong Hana?" Dokyeom asked firmly looking at me this time. His stance looked serious, it was a first of seeing this side of him. Dokyeom's words resonated with a sense of understanding and acceptance. His firm response made it clear that he believed I didn't need to explain myself unless I felt I had done something wrong.

"What do you mean by wrong?" I asked further and he ran his fingers through his hair and proceeded to ask me a few questions.

"Did you or he cheat on someone?" His question surprised me but I shook my head saying no.

"Was it mutual?" Every question of his seemed more personal and necessary to answer.

"Yes"

"Did he or you disrespect each other about this ever afterwards?" Widening my eyes I shook my head "No never" I was surprised at his take in this situation.

"Then why are you here explaining this to me, Hannie?" Dokyeom asked me in a much softer tone with a miniature smile on his lips.

"Ah- seriously! I'm not here because I think what happened years back was something so bad that I'm embarrassed of myself. Whatever happened, happened. I'm here explaining because I feel like I upset you back there. Which is why I asked if I could skip the question. I didn't want to change everyone's impression about me." I answered finally, letting out every pent up tension built inside.

"I'm not upset" he started and I gave him a look "Fine a little envious of that guy, but it's because I just don't enjoy the idea of you sleeping with someone, okay? I'm not judging your character or anything, nobody in that room is either; if that's what you're thinking." Dokyeom answered not meeting my eyes again and going back to grilling. His confession almost ran a thrill through me and a playful smirk ran across my face.

"You're jealous" I stated, trying to get his expression which was not very visible since he had his face down watching the meat.

Dokyeom stayed quiet and didn't answer. He took out the meat on a plate, while I continued to watch him with amusement. He took a piece of the meat in chopsticks, blew on it and ate it, not answering or acknowledging anything yet. He picked up another piece of meat.

"Fine, I am a bit jealous, and you know that." he answered looking into my eyes and quickly feeding me the piece he just cooled down. To my surprise he didn't have a single expression of being shy like I had expected, instead he looked just as playful and had a smirk on his face.

"Go back inside it's cold out here" he spoke, taking another plate of grilled meat and moving to the living room where everyone was singing as I watched him and chuckled at how proud he looked at his own confession to me just now.

Hey guy, 

Thank you for reading :) 

Please comment