Home is where the heart is.

After I returned from Japan I spent days, actually months, busy with my work, while Dokyeom was busy on his tour. There were times when he was back in Korea for 2-3 days and I would be abroad for a business trip.

Finally after months the day that Dokyeom, members and NaEun returned had arrived. I waited in the car that Dokyeom was going to get into after landing and waited for him.

The car door opened and Joshua peeped in and gasped as he saw me and got in the car with a smile.

"Hey!" he exclaimed and hugged me as I told him to get in the car and wait for Dokyeom. Within a few seconds Dokyeom opened the door and his face that was covered under his cap lightened up.

"Wah!" He exclaimed and rushed inside the car closing the door behind, shutting the chaos of airport fans behind him.

"How are you here!" He spoke, hugging me tightly and kissing my cheek twice out of happiness. "I missed you" he added and sat in his seat.

"Me too" I smiled as he kissed my cheek "I haven't seen you guys for so long, so I thought I'd surprise you here" I explained and the car drove off.

Joshua, Dokyeom and I chatted throughout the way to the company building.

"Wait for me I'll be back soon, let's go for dinner" Dokyeom told me before getting down from the car while Joshua invited me for a catching up dinner later sometime.

Later turned into night, late night.  A tired and physically exhausted Dokyeom entered the house.

"Have you had dinner?" I asked as he entered and he nodded.

"I know I promised you dinner but they kept us busy, we were given the new schedule. Have you eaten?" he added and flopped down on the couch.

"Already? You just got back. Literally." I complained and he simply shrugged tiredly. 

"I know, but there are things we need to discuss before-" he started but stopped abruptly and looked over at me.

"JiAh noona was asking when I was coming back, we should go visit her sometime" he spoke and we both walked in the bedroom so he'd go for a shower. Dokyeom set up a bath and took off his hoodie and sat on the edge of the bathtub.

"We will, but first just feel like you're home. You've been away too long" I spoke, holding his hands and giving him a small smile.

"I was home the moment I saw you in that car." He added and I chuckled, throwing my head back and he pulled me close to himself and held me against his body. "Join me in the bath?" he murmured as I caressed his hair gently.

"You're too tired for us to get into anything right now. We can do it once your muscle aches aren't as sore." I spoke and he shook his head.

"Just a bath, nothing else, just sit with me" he pleaded and then looked up at me and squinted his eyes, pleading. 

I mumbled a little 'okay' and he took off my t-shirt. After the bathtub was filled Dokyeom took off his clothes and sat in waiting for me.

I got in the bathtub after tying my hair up in a bun and sat in front of him, my back touching his chest. He put his arms around my body and rested his chin on my shoulder as the warm water engulfed us both.

We sat in silence for a while then later he started sharing a few incidents from the tour. Fan experiences, backstage pranks, everything. He shared the laughter, the exhaustion, and the joy of being on stage. As he spoke, I could feel the weariness in his voice, a sign of the energy he had poured into every performance.

The warmth of the water, combined with Dokyeom's embrace, created a comforting atmosphere. The gentle murmur of his voice filled the bathroom. Later while playing with my fingertips he sang, his voice resonated throughout the bathroom creating a beautiful reverb.*** 

As the conversation faded into a comfortable silence, I traced my fingers over the surface of the water, lost in my own thoughts. Dokyeom's arms tightened around me, creating a sense of security and peace. 

"I missed this," he whispered, his breath tickling my ear. "Just being here with you, without the chaos of the tour."

I leaned back into his embrace, resting my head against his shoulder. "I missed it too. I don't want to get out" I whined and he chuckled behind me. 

"The water is cold now, let's get out before we become grapes." he joked and got up from behind me and wore a bathrobe then handed me one.

After changing into comfortable clothes, we both sat on the bed as he took out his camera, showing me the places he visited, "I wish you would have been there with me, there were so many places that you would have loved." He added and later gave me the souvenirs that he had collected from all of his tour places. Something he, Jeonghan and Joshua really enjoyed was buying little gifts and souvenirs from places they visited.

After he was done talking about the tour, I finally told him that I watched the musical.

"You did! What do you think?" he asked excited to listen to my thoughts and I nodded, sitting up straight in front of him, folding my legs.

"I cried. I cried so bad you have no idea. It was majestic and- it was something so new. I had never seen you in that embodiment, I was amazed, and I think I fell in love with you all over again" I explained and he giggled feeling proud and shy all at once. "JiAh even has a video of me bawling my eyes out somewhere in her phone. Especially the 'I'm myself' song, your expression, emotions, voice I can't begin to explain how amazing of an experience it was." I added and he instantly picked up his phone and texted JiAh to send it to him. 

"You should really be proud of yourself. There were so many fans of yours who were watching the musical. They really love you so much" I confessed and he smiled, his smile was never contained only to his lips, he smiled with his eyes, with his soul.

"How did it change you? The musical?" I asked out of curiosity and Dokyeom gave it a moment to think before he answered

"It taught me a lot, in terms of myself and in terms of social behaviour." he spoke, bringing words to his feelings. It gave me a self confidence that I didn't have before. I used to be so insecure but now I've started appreciating that everything that comes to me in terms of singing or as an idol, is because somebody thought I was worthy of it. I'm grateful for that, I'm confident and I appreciate myself more now than I used to before. When I told this to Jeonghan hyung he cried his eyes out, so did some other members, you-" he looked over at me and saw tears in my eyes and chuckled holding my face in his hands and then patting it lovingly.

"Why're you crying!" he asked, laughing and I shook my head and wiped my tears trying to speak.

"I'm so proud I don't know why I cried." I spoke through my groggy voice "Actually I might just be PMS-ing but I'm still proud of you" I added and he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Alright stop crying" he wiped my tears off while smiling wholeheartedly and I whacked his arm making him scowl.

"Stop laughing, I'm being a good proud girlfriend here" I expressed and he pulled his lips in to control his laughter. "That's better" I smiled lightly and his smile once again made an appearance.  

*** You can use the reference of when he sang and uploaded on weverse -Something between us 

Thank you for reading 

Please leave comments to let me know your thoughts. 

Also Happy Birthday to our best boys Dokyeom and Vernon <3