Birthday surprise

Just as Valentine's Day concluded, Dokyeom's birthday quickly approached on the calendar. I loved him a lot but teasing him was just something I enjoyed a little too much. Which is why everyone along with seventeen except him of course had agreed to tell him that I wouldn't be able to make it on his birthday, which is why I had made time for Jeju trip.

"Are you doing smth for my birthday?" Dokyeom asked me, back hugging me as I walked around his house trying to find my phone as I had to leave for my office soon.

"I don't know"

"Are you?" he pushed the topic acting cute making me chuckle.

"I am not telling you!" I laughed

"Come on, tell me! I'll still act surprised" he said, adding more aegyo to his voice, making me shake my head.

"No , I'm not telling you anything" I answered and pushed his hands away and walked away from his hold.

"Ah, come on, the curiosity is going to kill me" he said walking behind me like a kid.

"No it's not" I said with a pretend serious look at him.

"Yes it will! Just tell me already!" he said and laid down on the bed as I took out some protein bars from the cabinet to eat in the office.

"I am not. Stop being so nosy" I said in a stern voice but with a smile and laid down beside him and he curled me up in his arms gently.

"I'm upset because-" he pouted

"Because I called you nosy" I finished, chuckling

"Yes"

"Okay" I said simply, feeling the warmth of his body and closing my eyes.

"What okay? I am sad, your boyfriend is sad" he frowned and pouted making me giggle to myself.

"Then I will kiss it better" I got out from his arms and held his face and pecked it all over.

"okay?" I asked and he bit his lips to refrain from smiling

"Aye, there it is, there it is" I said pointing towards the smile and pecking a few more times and he giggled and wrestled me down again spooning me and hugging me close to his body making me burst out laughing.

"Do you have to go? Stay at home" he pleaded, burying his face in my neck.

"I have a few shoots to go through today" I said with a sad pout caressing his cheek.

"Tell them you have a fever" he said as if it was the brightest idea he had had in a while.

"I don't have a fever" I said squinting my eyes

"They don't know that" he said with a serious look and I frowned sadly

"Seokmin-ah" I said in a sad tone, playing with the bangs of his hair that was undone, making him look naturally beautiful.

"Ah fine! Go, go. Just go but come back early" he said with denial and let go of his hold on me and I promised him I'd be back as soon as possible.

At midnight I FaceTimed him as he celebrated his birthday with his members in their main dorm. Though happy from the environment, I could see his disappointment and a little annoyance at me for missing his birthday, I made promises to him that I'd make it up to him on the call throughout which he pouted but gave in.

Later that day, Dokyeom worked hard in his practice, and soon he and Vernon were live with their fans celebrating their birthdays with them.

After the live session, I sent him a message, "Sorry, I couldn't be there in person, but I hope you had a fantastic birthday celebration. Let's plan something special soon. I Love you!"