A new contract

Hana pov:

My doorbell rings and I sprint towards my door with excitement, skidding to stop myself so I don't face slam myself in the door. I open the door and see my three favourite people standing outside.

"My babies" I say, doing grabby hands at my sister who's holding a baby carry cot.

"Let us in first Hana" My sister says chuckling and I move aside so she, her newborn tiny cutie baby and her first born 4 year old walk inside my house.

"Hannie!" My 4 year old niece Yu Jin says with a toothy smile and I sweep her in my arms.

"Hi baby! I missed you!" I say swinging her around in my arms.

"I'm not baby" she pouts "Jinnie baby" she says pointing her tiny finger towards the baby cot where her 6 months old sister is sleeping.

"You'll always be my baby" I sing her like the Mariah Carey song, squishing her cheeks.

"Do you want water?" I turn to my sister but she has already helped herself to a glass of water.

"Thank you for this" she says with a sympathetic smile and walks towards me and gives me a quick forehead kiss.

"Stop it, I love hanging out with them." I say placing Yu Jin down because she was landing kicks on my torso to let her go.

"Still, they're not 'e a s y' to handle" she says and finishes drinking her water and hands me the bag with the kids' supply.

"I don't need to handle them, it's more like they handle and entertain me." I tell her with an honest smile. 

"Do not worry, you go meet your lovely husband while I spend some time with my lovely nieces." I told her. Jiah- my sister's husband was on his military service, which is why he had designated days to meet his family, since the couple hasn't spent any time together recently; the kids were with me. Jiah says bye to her kids and me and leaves to see her husband for the rest of the day.

"Alright! What are we gonna do today?" I ask Yu Jin excitedly and she brings out a book and shows me a picture.

"Kimbap?" I ask her and she nods

"You want to eat Kimbap?" she nods again

"We can make Kimbap" I say with a smile and take her to the kitchen and make some kimbap with her help.

A few weeks later, Maria brings me a load of paperwork to go through.

"Already on my table?" I ask out of surprise and take the next month's review copy of the magazine in my hands.

"Yes, stamp it so we can send it to the printers." Maria says, arranging other paperwork on my desk.

"Is it fact checked? I don't need another company calling me saying the information is wrong." I say and start going through it.

"It is, twice actually, we made two different teams do it." she says and knocks the table so I look at her.

"Contracts for the new cover shoot, new interns' resumes, blog schedule for the 'culture' page" she says tapping 3 different envelopes telling me which one is which.

"Thanks a ton. Let's go out for team dinner today if this copy gets finalised." I tell her and she smiles and leaves me to do my work.

I spend all my afternoon reviewing the magazine, sticking sticky notes on pages that need changes and calling a lot of people to confirm details that need to be looked upon. I call the team leaders in my cabin and tell them the changes. I finish reviewing the magazine by evening and tell my team that we'll be heading out for dinner soon. Before leaving I open the contract envelopes, to see who would be featured in the magazine for the upcoming months.

I go through the contracts and find a particularly interesting one. It was a contract with PLEDIS.

"Magazine cover shoot with DK and WONWOO of SEVENTEEN" I read out to myself.

"Interesting duo." I think and read the contract to see the details. 

I pick up my phone and think for a few minutes before ringing up.

"Hello?" I hear his hesitant voice from the other side.

"Hey, I'm Choi Hana, we met at the listening party" I explained, questioning why I had called him in the first place. I could talk very well on business calls but for some reason this got all awkward.

"I know that, I have your number saved. I was surprised you called. How have you been?" he asked, his voice sounding cheerful. 

"I'm doing well, busy with my schedules. What about you? Promotions going well?" I ask, tapping my finger on my desk the anxiety in my body slowly reducing. 

"I'm good, I'm good. Promotions are going well, travelling a lot between Japan and Korea." he tells me chuckling and I smile, resting my chin on the back of my hand.

"Oh I love Japan, it's beautiful there" I say getting into the conversation.

"I agree. Everytime we go there I get out of my hotel room and roam around." he says and even his voice tells me he's smiling. 

How does that even happen?

We go silent for a few seconds before I speak.

"I had called you because I just found a contract on my desk saying you and Wonwoo will be featured in the magazine for next to next month's issue. I look forward to working with you." I told him genuinely, expressing my excitement towards it. 

"Oh yes! I'm very excited and nervous about the shoot and interview. I was going to get in touch with you tomorrow to tell you about this, figured you had already found out." he said sheepishly.

"Don't worry, we'll try to make it as comfortable as an environment for you both and your team." I assure him nodding to myself. 

"I'm glad to hear that. Are you still working?" he asks and I look at my watch which showed it was almost 7.

"Yes. My team and I are going out for dinner so we extended a bit of office hours" I told him.

I hear him say something but don't catch it since an intern enters my room after two knocks. 

"We're done with most of it, can we pack it up now?" she asks timidly, her figure almost ready to flee the room if I speak something. 

"You can pack up" I tell her with a smile "Ga-eun, Do I look scary by any chance?" I ask, my phone on my shoulder.

"No. Why would you ask that, you look amazing" she tells me, her voice almost shaky. Clearly everything was a lie.

"Okay. Go on, ask everyone to pack up, we'll leave in 5;" I tell her giving her a smile and she literally flees out of my room making me pout.

"Do I look that scary?" I say putting the phone back on my ear and hear Dokyeom chuckling.

"I'm serious here!" I whine "Stop laughing" Even though we were using formal tone, it sounded pretty natural to talk with him this way, joking around a bit. 

"I wouldn't call you scary but since I've also never seen you with a stern face, you could look intimidating," he answers honestly and I imagine just how scary do I look with a stern face. 

"I don't think I've ever giver her that kind of look, she was so scared of me just now" I say sad about the fact that the intern was scared of me. 

"Well today's your chance Choi Hana. You could clear her misunderstandings about you." he motivates me and I nod to myself then remember he can't see and quickly speak up. 

"I will try to use it the best way." 

"Good luck, fighting!" he says and I end up smiling. 

"You must be getting late now, I should hang up" his voice sounding lower than before.

"Mhm" I answer, I didn't wanna hang up but I needed to.

"Guess I'll be seeing you from next week." he says, his voice getting a bit on the excited side again. 

"I look forward to it" I answered him honestly.

"Bye Hana"

"See you in a week" I say and we both hang up and I leave for the team dinner right away.