Meeting his parents

The next morning I woke up before Dokyeom and decided to get to work. A very important task I had to achieve by hook or crook. A while later a messy haired Dokyeom walked out of the bedroom and widened his eyes looking at me.

"What is all this?" he asked as he sat beside me on the couch.

"Practice" I answered without taking my eyes off of my very important task.

"For what exactly?" he asked, baffled as I narrowed my eyebrows, increasing my focus.

"Wait" I murmured and finished my task and got up from the couch and walked towards the kitchen counter and picked up a tray full of bowls and side dish plates and placed it in front of Dokyeom.

"Taste these and tell me how they are, and does this look fine?" I said opening the lids of the bowls showing him the traditional Korean breakfast that I had prepped early in the morning. The very important task that I had taken up was peeling an apple, the sleek classic way.

"What is all this? What happened to half burnt bread slices and eggs?" Dokyeom teased me and I slapped his arm.

"I've never once fed you half burnt bread or half burnt anything!" I complained

"Right, full burnt" he teased further and snickered, enjoying it.

"Yah! You really want to fight early in the morning?" I whined, putting on an exaggerated pout.

"Sorry, sorry" he chuckled and analysed the breakfast.

"Soup looks wonderful, even smells too good. Rice looks fine" he said and moved his eyes towards the peeled and cut apple. "You know for a person in fashion, mom would at least expect some kind of sculpture out of it rather than just slices." he said and I nodded understanding then quickly looked at him.

"Wait, how do you know that I'm doing this for your parents?" I asked and he hugged me and leaned back on the couch with me in his arms.

"Hannie-ya, my parents don't expect you to do all this. Neither do I. I know a Choi Hana who was all like 'I'll cook what I can instead of learning to do something new'; and everyone's okay with it. They don't want you to peel apples for them. They don't expect you to cook for me my whole life. We do the cooking together, like we've always done, it's not your job or responsibility. It's our responsibility; together. Okay?" he asked, giving a slight shake to me to wake me up from my overthinking.

"If not cooking, I don't know what to do to impress them. I'm not trying to say they're old schooled that only cooking will impress them but what else do I do?" I sulked, pouting and he chuckled.

"We can just bring them a box of traditional confectioneries and they'll love it" he told me and my face brightened with a smile.

"Really? They like those? I know where we can get them from!" I said excitedly and he pecked my forehead.

Days later, Dokyeom and I fixed a date when we'd meet his parents. I was getting myself mentally ready to face the questions, for some reasons it felt like I was going to be taken to an interrogation session. I had my dress planned out, my shoes, down to my accessories and perfume, everything was ready. I was never this nervous even for the most important meetings of my life but this? this was prominently important to me. 

As the day arrived to meet his parents, anxiety hit me. The anticipation of meeting Dokyeom's parents brought a mix of excitement and nervousness. The ride to his parents house had me foot tapping which Dokyeom tried his best to calm down.

"You're gonna be fine, just relax, they're not gonna eat you." Dokyeom chuckled as he rang the bell to his parents house.

I took a deep breath and calmed down my nerves. Not that it helped but at least I tried.