There is no future 'me' without 'you'.

A few days later, I joined their shoot for Going Seventeen which was in the countryside. If I didn't know any better, it was to bring me and Dokyeom close again and to distract us from everything on the social networks. Mingyu had been visibly affected by all the chaos as much as me and Dokyeom as well. The entire group in general felt as if everyone was walking on eggshells around us.

NaEun approached me with a warm smile, pulling me into a friendly hug. "Glad you decided to come," she said, and I returned the smile.

"I won't ask if you're okay because I know it's a hell ride, but it will die down soon enough; that I can promise you." NaEun spoke, placing a comforting hand on my arm.

As I walked towards the shoot location with NaEun, the boys started noticing me and walked towards us.

"Hey" I heard Dokyeom's voice. He looked exhausted and sleep deprived.

"How are you here?" he asked and the rest left, leaving us both to talk.

"Seungcheol invited me. How are you?" I asked with a small smile. The awkwardness between us was heavily visible but it had to be addressed some point of the time.

To my question Dokyeom simply shook his head and shrugged and continued looking at me before both of us moved a step ahead and he wrapped me in a hug. Feeling his warm embrace felt rewarding, it felt like home. Something I had missed terribly for the past few days. As many conflicts we had between us due to the scandal, we both needed each other more than anything.

"Dokyeom-ssi, shoot is starting!" some assistant director hollered from a distance and after a few seconds Dokyeom let go of the hug.

"I need to go" Dokyeom started in an apologetic manner and I nodded understandingly.

"Go, we'll talk later" I said as he left for his shoot.

While the boys shot their episode I watched them from behind the camera for a while and later went back to a room where I could email my company about my job whereabouts. After NaEun was free, she joined me and the two of us went out for a walk around near the shoot location. We had been closer than ever, finding more and more similar things, we were good friends.

NaEun and I entered the house that they were shooting in to see the boys having dinner and drinking and enjoying their drinking games.

"NaEun noona will represent us by taking this shot for us" Hoshi announced as NaEun and I entered and he handed her a shot, making Dino and Mingyu burst into silent fits of laughter while some other members encouraged NaEun who downed the shot glass happily. Clearly, Mingyu and Dino were drop dead drunk.

As the others noticed me enter the room, the game cheer went down. Dokyeom got up from his seat and walked towards me. He picked up two beer bottles from the table and we both walked outside.

We popped open the beer bottles and took a large swig out of it as we stood there in awkward silence. Someone had to break the silence, but I don't think we knew where to start.

"How mad are you at me?" He asked, ripping off the bandage of silence and I glanced at his side.

"I'm not"

"Come on, of all the things that we do, we don't lie" he said and I chuckled to myself a little nodding.

"I was mad at you two-three days back, now not that much" I answered and he nodded understanding.

"There is no beating around the bush. I miss you too much, I can't explain it. I'm sorry for all the hurt I caused you these last few days, I know the situation isn't the very best right now, but selfish or not, I can't be without you. I meant it when I said that you're my everything. I see what you were fighting for that day." he expressed and the cold air engulfed me, or maybe it was his words.