Concert invite

Dokyeom's pov continued: 

"Send me the pictures when you get them on your laptop please" she reminds me and I get back to the call, I was so lost in my thoughts for a minute.

"I will" I say shortly. "By the way, which day are you attending? Day 1 or Day 2?" I ask her and wait for an answer

"Attending what?" she asks, her voice sounding very confused.

"The concert? Did you forget already?" I ask, surprised.

"No, I didn't forget, I remember you told me it's in about 3 weeks, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to attend. Unless Maria has managed to book tickets." She tells me, making me widen my eyes. 

"What do you mean Maria has to book tickets? Didn't Mingyu send you tickets?" I ask, the phone in my hands now fully invested in this.

"No...? Was he supposed to?" She asks, now equally confused as me.

"No, but he did say about sending you something during practice. What was that about then?"

"Ah that? He sent me a few photos from this morning." she tells me and that clears my doubt.

"Also, why would Mingyu send me tickets? I thought he sent them to his friends" She asks

"Because you're his friend, aren't you? Anyways, I'm sending you tickets of my share, tell me when you're free, Day 1 or Day 2." I tell her and go through my phone and text my manager for tickets.

"No it's fine, Maria will book for me. You can send your tickets to other important people you want there" she says and I squint my eyes.

"Hana, you're becoming one of my important people now, and I really want you there" I tell her honestly and in all seriousness.

She goes silent for a second and I can almost hear the wheels turning in her mind. I know Hana well enough to understand that she's someone who values her independence and doesn't want to feel like an obligation to anyone.

"I appreciate that, I really do," she finally responds, her voice softening. "It's just... I don't want you to feel like you have to go out of your way for me. This tour is a big deal for you." 

I can hear the concern in her voice, and it warms my heart to know that she cares about me in that way. But I want her to understand just how much her presence would mean to me.

"Hana, having you there would be exciting for me as well as the members. I've seen you at your workplace and seen what you do, and now I want to show you this side of mine. I want to show you what our concerts look like."

There's a brief pause before she responds, her tone softer and more contemplative. "Okay, I'll be there. But promise me you won't go overboard trying to accommodate me."

I smile, relieved that she's agreed. "I promise, Hana. This tour is going to be huge, and having you there will make it even more special."

As we chat about the logistics of her joining the tour, I can't help but feel a deep sense of gratitude and happiness. Having Hana attend the tour makes me want to do more than the best I could.

"Speaking of tour, I am flying to Paris next week, so I won't be in much contact due to time zones and all that." she tells me, her voice sounding low.

Suddenly knowing that this streak of long chats and calls will go down scared me and saddened me a bit.

"When will you be back?" I ask her, fidgeting my fingers while on my laptop.

"A week and a half later. It's about the couture show that will be happening there," she explains, her voice carrying a hint of excitement.

A week and a half feels both too long and too short at the same time. Too long to miss all the chats and calls, but too short to make sure everything is perfect with my practice so that it's good when she watches me live.

"That's not too bad," I reply, trying not to show my disappointment about the upcoming loss of contact. "It means I have some time to practise and make sure I'm doing my best when you watch me live." I say pointing out the brighter side. 

There's a soft chuckle on the other end of the line. "You're such a perfectionist, you know that?"

I can't help but grin. "Guilty as charged. But it's not just about perfection; it's about making sure you have the best experience possible." I tell her honestly

She pauses for a moment, and I can almost see her thoughtful expression in my mind; her voice a bit softer. "I'm looking forward to being there and witnessing your tour firsthand."

"Your seats won't be the closest but you'll be able to watch us well" I tell her

She laughs softly, the sound warm and comforting. "I don't need to be right up front, as long as I can see you doing what you love."

I can't help but smile at her response. It's moments like these that remind me of why I get interested in her more and more.

"If you're flying back a week and half later it means you'll be back for the second day, not the first, right?"

"Yes, I'll be there, on the second day. Now tell me, do you want me to get you something from Paris?" she asks me and I sit up straight.

Excited, I tell her "A baguette bread please. Last time I asked Jeonghan hyung to get it for me, he forgot to give it to me, he then proceeded to use it as a damn hammer." 

Hana chuckles on the other end of the line. "A baguette it is, then. But I'll make sure it survives the journey back and doesn't end up as a construction tool." making me laugh.

End of pov

—--------------------------------------------------------