Winter nights

After rummaging through the market all afternoon and shopping a few things, we found a secluded bar and sat down at a corner table and ordered soju and some stew to warm ourselves up in the dropping temperature.

The warmth from the stew and soju created a cosy atmosphere in the bar, and our conversation took a playful turn as the alcohol started playing its role.

"Mingyu said I should take off my shirt once, and everyone would go crazy, for a photoshoot or in a concert" Dokyeom confessed with a smirk.

"I hate the idea, but I agree with him. There's everything to go crazy for under that shirt," I agreed, raising a shot glass of alcohol and pointing towards his torso and downing the shot later.

"Uh-huh?" Dokyeom responded, a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"Yeah. So anyways, are you taking up Mingyu on that suggestion?" I inquired, trying to keep the conversation light and my jealousy hidden in every shot.

"I might. Are you jealous?" he asked, his tone mischievous.

I didn't answer immediately, allowing a moment of playful silence to hang in the air. Dokyeom seized the opportunity.

"You're jealous, but you won't admit it?" he prodded, a teasing smile playing on his lips as he leaned in on the table facing me closer.

"Mhm," I finally admitted, feigning nonchalance.

"I mean, I might as well take off my shirt for them, but there's only one person who I take my pants off for," he declared with a playful look and shrugged as if he hadn't made the cheesiest joke to ever exist. This is what our wasted drunk conversations looked like, baseless dirty flirting.

I couldn't help but burst into laughter, a mix of amusement and embarrassment at his corny yet surprisingly effective line. It had us both laughing our asses off.

"Okay, you are so corny, fucking hell," I exclaimed, shaking my head, impressed and surprised at his words.

"That was good," Dokyeom said, proud of his moment.

Before I could answer he confirmed himself, "No it wasn't, wah I'm a bit embarrassed now"

I laughed back, unable to suppress a cringe-induced laugh at his unexpected yet entertaining comment. Our playful banter and dirty flirting continued, adding a layer of lightness to the cosy atmosphere of the bar.

As the night wore on, the soju bottles kept dwindling, and it became evident that I was a bit more affected by the alcohol than Dokyeom. My praises for his various talents became increasingly effusive, accompanied by bouts of giggles that echoed through the bar.

Dokyeom, amused by my intoxicated state, decided it was time to intervene. With a chuckle, he subtly disposed of every shot poured into my glass behind him, ensuring my drunken state didn't escalate any further.

"Alright, that's enough drinking for tonight," he declared with a playful grin, gently taking my hand as we prepared to leave the bar. We stumbled a bit on our way out, and the crisp night air hit us, momentarily sobering me up.

As we walked through the quiet streets, our laughter echoed, filling the night with a lighthearted energy. Leaving the car in our we decided to walk since we couldn't drive in this state. The way home took an unexpected turn when, in front of a convenience shop, I spotted an arcade claw game that seemed to have caught my attention.

Fuelled by a tipsy determination, I insisted on trying the game, trying to get at least one of the stuffed toys. However, my enthusiasm quickly turned into annoyance as I realised the machine was rigged. Or maybe I was just too drunk to play it right. In my slightly tipsy state, I couldn't contain my frustration.