Break up.

Weeks passed, and the routine of our lives continued, the ebb and flow of shared moments bringing us comfort. One evening, Dokyeom came home, his expression unreadable. Instead of asking I let him be so he'd speak when he felt comfortable, I continued with my work.

"Hana" he started, not sounding too confused or fazed.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to move in with me? Like all the way? You still go back to your place a lot of times to get your stuff, I have to go back to mine too, instead what do you think we move in together? Anywhere is fine" he suggested and his words took me by surprise.

"No, I can't. I don't want to." I answered shortly and his hopeful shoulders slumped quickly.

"But why! We're practically always at each other's place, we're almost staying together." he debated and I shut my laptop and looked at him.

"Exactly, we're practically and almost staying together, so why does it matter?" I asked and I knew it was a stupid question.

"Why can't you move in with me! We'll get a new place if you don't want to choose between either of our current apartments." he debated.

It wasnt that I hadn't considered the idea of us moving in together, I had, because we were actually living together most of the time.

"I'm not ready, Dokyeom, I can't" I brushed off and opened my laptop which Dokyeom shut instantly making me glare at him.

"Why aren't you ready? You don't like my living habits? We've both fixed all the habits that had to be fixed, if you have anymore please tell me. I'll change." he persuaded me and I hated to see him in that state.

"It isn't your living habits. I talked a few days back to NaEun and-" I started but hesitated. "I know, okay" I confessed, a frown taking over my face.

"Know what?" he asked confusedly and took my hands into his.

"I know that the company is considering your military services" Both Dokyeom and I went silent. The heavy truth hung between us.

"Is that why you aren't ready?" He asked and I hesitated a bit before nodding.

I sighed but let it all out, "I'm not ready to let you go, okay!" I took in another breath. "I am in my safe space right now, your home is the closest place to my heart but I cannot move there right now; or in a new house entirely that's supposed to be our home together. In a few months you will enlist in the military. What should I do then? Stay alone in that house? With every memory attached to you, I can't live like that. You don't understand." I confessed, my hands almost shaking because of the intense emotions.

He stayed silent for a while before softly speaking, "Hana, I hadn't thought that far ahead. I didn't mean to put you in a difficult position. I don't want you to feel pressured."

I looked into his eyes, seeing a mix of understanding and concern. "Dokyeom, it's not about feeling pressured. It's about the uncertainty, the fear of being in a place that's meant for us both when you're not there. I need to figure out how I can navigate that and I think I have"

"What do you mean you've figured out?" he asked, his voice anxious yet calm.

"I'll go abroad. Milan." I started "There's this course, where I'll get to learn more about my work and work under other designers. They're one of the best designers out there. It'll help me a lot in the future." I explained and he nodded after processing it.

"You're going to have to let go of your job then?" he asked and I nodded this time.

"Yes, but I'll miss you so bad if I'm here all alone. Tour was hard enough for me, two years will make me go crazy. At least I'll be under academic stress" I joked and his shoulders slumped in a tired manner as he walked towards me and hugged me.