Tipsy

The night continued to unfold with unbridled energy and enthusiasm. After a delicious dinner, cans of beer and bottles of soju were popped open, and the room filled with laughter and music as we cranked up the karaoke machine. We sang our hearts out, danced and let the joy of the moment wash over us.

As the clock struck midnight, we surprised Joshua with a birthday cake, singing a heartfelt rendition of "Happy Birthday" for him. The room was filled with cheers and celebration as we toasted to another year of his life, all of us a little more than tipsy from the drinks.

The party showed no signs of slowing down, and the music kept us moving and grooving. NaEun and I started off seated, but as the night progressed, our inhibitions melted away. NaEun got up and began singing, inspiring me to join in. The infectious energy of the room was impossible to resist.

Dino, noticing my newfound confidence, offered a hand and pulled me onto the dance floor, where we started dancing together. Hoshi also joined in, and soon we were all dancing and singing as if we were the stars of our own private concert. It was a night filled with music, laughter, and the kind of unforgettable moments that come from being surrounded by great new friends.

I discovered Vernon was not much of a karaoke joining singer, he played games with Wonwoo on the console, Seungkwan was a top girl group fan and knew words and choreography to almost every song we played. I heard Dokyeom's drunk raw vocals for the first time, and I was awestruck, it was as surreal as it got. I sat back down on the couch beside Jun who was engrossed in his phone.

"Aren't you going to sing some more?" I asked over the loud music but he couldn't hear me well so he leaned forward and I asked him once again.

"Ah! I might later, I already sang a few. With Seungkwan, Dokyeom and Mingyu being on mic it's more peaceful to be an audience." He chuckles and I laugh with him.

"What about you? Don't want to sing?" he asked me and I shook my head.

"Same answer as you" I tell him and sip on my beer to which he raises an eyebrow, clearly trying to convince me otherwise.

"I already sang, you haven't. Sing a song" he tries to convince me

"Ah, no no" I say shaking my hands telling him no

"What do you mean no no," he said imitating me exactly and I laughed at that.

"Fine, but what song do I sing?" I ask mostly to myself and Jun shoves his phone in my hand showing me lyrics to a song and I burst out laughing.

"Absolutely not, it's too fun of a song for me to ruin it" I tell him as I see the lyrics of "I am the best" by 2NE1, Jun then suggests another song to which I give some thought and agree.

"Tell Dokyeom he sings that song really well" He tells me and I go on the karaoke floor.

Dokyeom sees me and walks towards me while dancing, a playful grin on his face and a mischievous glint in his eyes, a mic in his hand making me laugh, throwing my head back.

I put my hands around his neck, pulling him closer and moved forward to speak in his ear since we couldn't hear anything. I tell him the song that I want to sing with him and he laughs and gives me a thumbs up. We wait for Hoshi and Seungkwan to finish their current song and start playing the song that I had asked for. 

As soon as the song starts playing everyone cheers and Seungkwan and Mingyu joined us on the dance floor while others watched us. Soon the song, My Ear's Candy started playing and Scoups put his sunglasses on Dokyeom making it even more fun and the 4 of us danced and sang our hearts out to the iconic steps and music. Dokyeom put his hand on my waist at the chorus as we swayed our hips together while being a laughing yet enjoying mess ourselves.