New Years

Soon we got done making enough pizzas and took them outside as everyone enjoyed them with a glass of wine. The evening proceeded into the night as we laughed and teased each other sitting near the bonfire, Dokyeom, Joshua and Wonwoo had guitars out as we sang along and they played for us. Dokyeom took out his camera and clicked a few pictures of everyone. Soon it was 11.59 and we were holding glasses of champagne in our hands as we waited for the clock to hit 12 so we could celebrate New Years.

As the seconds counted down, I felt a gentle tug on my index finger, and I turned to find Dokyeom standing right behind me. He locked my index finger in his own, our fingers intertwined in a secret and thrilling connection that sent a shiver down my spine. It was a subtle gesture, but in that moment, it felt like the perfect way to mark the transition to a new year, a new beginning.

The anticipation in the air was palpable, and when the clock finally struck midnight, we raised our glasses high, toasting to new beginnings. Fireworks lit up the night sky in nearby houses and as the cheers and laughter filled around us. Everyone started hugging each other and I tugged at Dokyeom's finger pulling him lower to hug him. I wrapped my hands around his neck and hugged him tightly as did he, wrapping his huge arms around my body; almost lifting me up in the hug. I brought my lips near his ear and finally said it out loud.

"I really really really like you very much" I whispered with my heart racing and I felt him freeze under my hands. He pulled away from the hug and looked at my face with pure shock on his face. I looked into his eyes and nodded, confirming what I had just said and a smile broke onto his face as he hugged me back, actually lifting me up this time, making me giggle and twirling me around.

"Ah, I wanted to be the one to say it first" He said with me still in his arms and lowered me down gently. "Hannie, be the one and only girlfriend please" He spoke, his eyes sparkling but affection and sincerity and a smile that was melting my heart like it had a ton times before for him.

(here by one and only, he means be "the one" not in the way of one of many girlfriends 💀)

I felt so giddy, all I could do was smile happily and enthusiastically nod and hug him again. "Thank you" he said in a low voice as he hugged me back

"No, thank you for accepting my feelings" I say smiling.

"Yah, Dokyeom-ah, you can wish us a happy new year to us as well, you know?" Wonwoo spoke, while the others chuckled watching us hug, Dokyeom tightened his hold on my body making me laugh.

"Let me wish my girlfriend properly first hyung" He said with a proud toothy smile and everyone broke into loud cheers out of surprise.

"What!"

"Unbelievable"

"How?"

"When did this happen?" they asked, overlapped voices of everyone's surprise, in complete disbelief.

"Just now" I say as Dokyeom and I pull away from the hug. The members hugged Dokyeom and patted his back loudly, in the most guy way ever congratulating him and wishing him a happy new year.

They then turned to me, and hugged me warmly and welcoming me into the group officially as well. It was a moment filled with laughter, joy, and an unexpected turn of events, a beautiful way to start the new year.

As we sat around the bonfire, the night grew colder, but the warmth of the fire and the company of friends made it cosy. Conversations flowed freely, and I got to know more about the members of Seventeen.

"Hana, are you free during our Japan tour?" Minghao asked me and I checked my calendar on my phone as Dokyeom told me the dates sitting on the seat beside me. I sigh reading, 'Milan conference' on the said dates and look at Dokyeom with a sad smile, "I'm busy, I'm flying back 2 days after the concert." I say and the others nod without saying much.