Fireflies

"Hana-ya" Mingyu started while Dokyeom peeled oranges for me as I drew something on my iPad designing for an upcoming project.

I hummed in response and Dokyeom fed me a slice of orange. The two of us were seated on the floor while Mingyu was pacing around aimlessly. 

"Don't mind me much" Mingyu spoke in a warning tone making me look up at him from my iPad with a suspicious look.

Mingyu, Dokyeom and I were hanging out together at the dorm, waiting for the other members to have dinner together.

"Dokyeom-ah, what do you think about going camping?" Mingyu asked and I raised my eyebrows, the orange slice held between my teeth.

"Us? Together? With the entire group?" Dokyeom asked and passed a few slices to Mingyu, who was shaking his head.

"No, not everyone, you, I and Minghao." Mingyu clarified, and I bit into the orange slice, preparing to join the conversation.

"Yah, Kim Mingyu." I started with a frustrated tone. "You and your single ass. I need to find you a girlfriend." I spoke tilting my head in annoyance and continued drawing on my iPad.

"Please don't. I can do it myself" he answered back and Dokyeom snickered beside me.

"Then why aren't you? Don't stay single; you're annoying," I retorted without looking up at him.

"I have Dokyeom, and other members, I'll get a girlfriend when I have time. I'm a busy man." he argued back and I looked up at him and kept my pencil down to answer him. Dokyeom meanwhile was enjoying the bickering by using oranges as his popcorn.

"Exactly, you're busy. So is Dokyeom! I already don't get him half the time because you're pulling him into football or racing or dinners that don't include me!" I whined pouting.

"Wah, you're going to be a petty girlfriend now?" Mingyu asked, looking shocked and I scoffed. The usual Mingyu was a sweet human, yet every time Dokyeom was a common topic between us we'd turn into unserious rivals. 

"Please, stop." Dokyeom replied calmly and fed both me and Mingyu orange, shutting us up.

"Anyways, I'm not the one planning this camping thing, Eunwoo is. He wanted to get along since it had been a while." Mingyu cleared the misunderstanding, making me and Dokyeom widen our eyes in curiosity.

"Eunwoo is? Wah, it's been so long since I've met everyone" Dokyeom expressed and Mingyu nodded in agreement.

"You, I, Minghao, Eunwoo, Jungkookie, Jaehyunie, Yugyeom, BamBam and BangChan. The last two are yet to confirm if they're joining, but yeah." Mingyu explained and Dokyeom nodded.

"You guys aren't close with the girls? I know you're friends with Cho MiYeon and Jihyo." I said pointing towards Dokyeom who was friends with these idols as well.

"Jungkookie and BamBam are close with Lisa. Mingyu and I have been friends with Lee Saerom and Gyuri since we've been in the same company. Others aren't our closest friends but they've joined a few times." Dokyeom explained

"Yah, Hana, it's your lucky day, they're asking you to join." Mingyu laughed as he read the texts from the group chat.

"Me? I don't think I know half of the people there, and vice versa." I spoke confused

"You can get to know them, that's the point" Dokyeom added nonchalantly and I agreed, shrugging my shoulders.

"Should I join, is that seriously okay?" I asked when Dokyeom nodded happily and Mingyu mouthed a big dramatic no which earned him a pillow smack on his back.