Reluctance

Soon our safe haven trip to London was over and we were back in Korea. Nothing could prepare me to say goodbye, of course a temporary one but a goodbye indeed. We avoided bickering as much as possible, it was almost awkward how we were not acknowledging the elephant in the room.

Only 3 things were left now
1. Packing my bag
2. Watching Dokyeom get a haircut
3. Watching him leave.

I personally strongly wished to do neither. 

"Hana, did you pack the Kimchi I bought  for you?" Dokyeom's mom called out, pulling me out of my trance. Dokyeom's family was spending time with us, with their son. 

"Huh, no-, yes I have" I said pointing at the open bag with stuff thrown inside it, scattered.

Dokyeom's mom gave me a nod and rubbed my shoulder lightly before going into the living room. Even she understood my unorganised mess of thoughts. 

"Hana" Dokyeom's sister called out and I looked in her direction as she walked towards me with a mischievous smile.

"Do you know, we're only accepting you because the bribe was good" she spoke and Dokyeom raised his eyebrows yelling a "yah" out of surprise, "Nuna, do not." 

"What?" I asked, curious to know why he suddenly got all defensive and opposing. 

"The bribe to let you enter the Lee household was too good or we would have reconsidered" she chimed, sounding more mischievous than I had ever seen before. 

"I didn't realise my mom and sister paid dowry" I joked back, noticing her mischievous expression.

"They didn't, your soon to-be-husband, my little brother went around bribing our families" she exposed him and I looked at him in confusion. Bribing? Families? 

"Those weren't bribes and I'm never gifting you anything again" Dokyeom complained, keeping hands on his waist like an annoyed middle aged man. 

"What did you do?" I asked and he gave me a "its nothing" expression.

"The way you got your personalised designed ring, he gifted us earrings, all the ladies, when he came to ask for our blessing." she revealed making me smile instantly 

"You went to ask for everyone's permission?" I asked, surprised at his gesture towards our families. 

"I went to ask for everyone's blessing" he shrugged, mirroring my smile, but softer. 

"Look, he got us both a bracelet too." Dokyeom's dad added, showing off his wrist, proudly might I add, which was cladded with a silver bracelet, gifted by his son. 

"Both? You got one yourself?" I asked, taking his hand in mine to find a similar bracelet, but couldn't notice one.

"Both of his dads. His father and his father in law" Dokyeom's sister added from behind us and I paused for a whole minute, staring dumbfounded at Dokyeom. 

"You got" I stood astonished "You got my dad one too?" I stammered, overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness. 

"I couldn't proceed without his blessing. Honestly, while we shared a bottle of soju together, he gave me a few tips on how to keep you happy" he spoke and tears welled up in my eyes. I think my tear ducts were waiting for a trigger to let go and this was it.

"Thank you" was all I could utter in that given moment. Emotions were beyond words to me. "I love you and I am very happy already, don't worry" I remarked, hugging him close to me as my tears wet his shoulder. He kept rubbing my back to calm me down while his sister and mom left us to get a few minutes for ourselves.  If there was one thing I had learnt from Dokyeom, it was respect in the most transparent manner. He was the most genuine person, with nothing but the ability and wish to give loads of love and respect to people around him.

Taking in a deep breath while my eyes still flooded, "I'm going to miss you so much" I confessed holding his hand in mine, I wasn't ready to let go of him, ever.

"Me too Hannie, the idea is terrifying that I've to stay away from you" he softly added rubbing my arm.

"Do not forget me, you've promised me now" I threatened him, playfully so,  holding up my hand showing him the ring.

"I cannot forget you even if I try" he spoke with a toothy smile and which I reflected for a second then frowned taking in his words. 

"You're going to try to forget me?" I hit his arm "Ouch!" he yelped, making me slap his arm lightly once again as he laid on the bed to add to the dramatics.

"I wont! I won't! Ah!" he yelped "You took it the wrong way!" he chuckled splaying across the bed while I stood in front of him with hands on my waist.

"I took it the wrong way?!" another playful slap landed on his thigh. 

"자기아 (jagia) I'm saying I can never forget you, under no circumstance" he said holding my hand in his and tugging at it so I could lie down next to him. "Don't even try" I added, pressing my lips together, I sat down on the bed to which he raised an eyebrow and tugged my fingers again making me lie down next to him as he pulled me close in his arms.

"I love you, my cranky jagia" he teased pressing my buttons one more time, caging my arms tighter so I won't hit him, making us both chuckle at his silly strategy. 

"Let me be all dramatic, I want all the time there is with you" I mumbled, closing my eyes and snuggling my head in his chest. He loosened his one hand around me and wiped my tears continuing to caress my cheek.

As we lay there in silence, I could hear his heartbeat, loud and clear, his body warmth, his love that held me together. I've realised that it is like a habit; the lyrics played through my mind again and again. Dokyeom is my habit, that soon enough I had to learn to live without it for the next 2 years.

Resting in each other's arms, our peace and comfortable silence was soon disrupted by the blaring ringing of his phone, pulling us both out of our embrace. God I absolutely hated timing of whoever was calling right now.

Dokyeom uncomfortably shifted to get his phone out of his pocket and held it in front of his face to see his manager's name flashing on the screen.

No. Please no.

Dokyeom received the call, his expression clear that he didn't have one ounce of a wish to speak, because he and I both knew what his manager was calling about.

"I've to go get the haircut" he spoke with a melancholic smile as I stared into his eyes, they shined but with water instead of his soulful glow.

Thank you for reading. 

I appreciate you, my daily readers, who didn't leave, and all my new readers. Thank you :))

Please let me know your thoughts through the comments <3