Cold rides

The days went on and on, soon his tour started and Dokyeom flew overseas all the time. We'd meet in the little time slots that we would get before his next flight to some other location.

After missing many concerts because of my own job, I finally flew to Japan to attend at least one of their shows. Unlike other times, when I used to be seated in the VIP area with the members' friends or parents, I was today backstage sticking by his side. Seungkwan wasn't wrong when he'd bring up how disgustingly clingy we were at times.

"Hair up or down?" He asked as he sat in front of the mirror with his hair stylist and me standing behind him.

The concert was technically done, only the encore part was left. Dokyeom was getting in much more comfortable clothing than before. He was putting on his parachute jeans and a white shirt.

Eyeing his comfortable clothing, I put my hand under his bangs and pushed them up to see how they'd look up, and shook my head "Hair down" I replied and he gave a small nod agreeing.

"Accessories?" He asked, pulling his t-shirt down and ruffling his hair with his fingers.

"Wear a cute hat or glasses, whatever you like" I answered, feeding him a piece of the protein bar that I was holding. Encore was probably the stage that needed most energy.

"You're choosing" he mumbled with his mouth full.

"Can I leave? I don't see the point of me standing here" Dokyeom's stylist asked and walked away leaving us alone making us giggle as we saw her shaking her head and walking towards other members. We then walked to the place where the accessories were kept. We saw Vernon sitting there, busy on his phone, already ready wearing his choice of accessories.

"Vernon-san, ready and set, I see" I commented playfully and offered him the protein bar.

Hearing my unserious voice and commentary, Vernon raised an eyebrow at me and shook his head at my behaviour almost as if he was judging me.

"You're rubbing off on him a lot" Vernon pointed at Dokyeom and I chuckled, shrugging my shoulders. He then took the protein bar and ate some of it.

"I'm surprised you haven't" I backanswered and Vernon smirked liking my answer.

"He has, not in behaviour he just enjoys the nonsense I do at times." Dokyeom commented and held out a few pairs of glasses in front of me to choose.

As we waited for the encore stage to start, I sat along with Joshua and Mingyu while Dokyeom snacked on something unhealthy nearby. 

"Have you noticed this habit of constantly eating something?" Joshua pointed out as Dokyeom continued snacking and shot a questionable face towards Joshua.

Nodding, I answered, "Yes, always. I've even seen him sleep with the snack bag beside him; I mean that's so-" I spoke and Dokyeom kept the snack down and looked at us in shock.

"Unhealthy? Obnoxious?" Joshua added and Dokyeom silently gasped then rolled his eyes as if all the accusations were fake.

"I'm right here," Dokyeom commented in a small voice

"Yeah, sort of. And the weirdest thing is that he likes to lie down and eat. Like you know you're going to choke one day, but won't listen." I spoke, ignoring Dokyeom's comment and answered Joshua.

"He does choke and then takes medicine in order to not die. Just sit up and eat" Mingyu joined, looking up momentarily from his phone and going back to it.

"You all hate my habits, don't you?" he spoke pouting a bit and all three of us nodded agreeing.

"The ones that are bad for your health, yes. But you don't listen." I shrugged and Dokyeom shook his head, eyeing us as we shamelessly agreed.

After the encore all of us returned back to the hotel, Dokyeom informed the members that we wouldn't be joining them for dinner and the two of us left for a nighttime adventure.

"Scooter?" I asked as I saw a scooter, walking in the parking lot, pushing my hands deep into my jacket pockets to warm them up.

"Yeah, not Paris but atleast let's enjoy Japan. For now" he added and I remembered he was talking about the plans I had told him about after our scandal fight a few months back.

"Oh I love the sound of that" I added happily and touched the handle. "Let me drive" I spoke, holding my hand out so he'd give me the keys.

Dokyeom watched me with a smile and pulled the hood of my jacket over my head and secured it tight on my head. "You'll freeze to death, it's too cold" he spoke while tying the knots of my hoodie. I'm pretty sure I looked like one of those idols who try to hide their newly dyed hair colour.

Dokyeom took the handlebar and I sat behind him, covering my face with his wide back and we drove around to a restaurant that we'd visit almost whenever we were in Japan.

As we got down from the scooter, Dokyeom rubbed his hands together vigorously before placing them on my cheeks, the absolute warmth of his hands almost had me roll my eyes in satisfaction.

"I was covering you and you're still this cold?" he chuckled, warming my face up and then holding my hands to warm them up next. Men with warm hands were just some other category of attractive.

We secured a private booth at the restaurant and enjoyed our dinner over catching up all the lost time due to both of our busy schedules.

"You received an invitation for a close concert," I told him before eating sushi that was on the plate in front of me.

"Choi YuRee? Yeah she called me regarding the invitation. We should go together. I think Minghao will join us too, he enjoys such calm music as well." he suggested and I nodded.

"Works for me, I'll have to check in with Maria once about my schedule" I answered and he nodded.

"I'll RSVP her-" he started but my phone rang and I saw Dokyeom's mom's name flashing on the screen making me smile.

"Eomma! Why are you calling her and not me?" Dokyeom asked surprised and moved to my side to see his mom since it was a video call.

"Jeonghan's dad told me Hana was at the concert today, he met you didnt he?" she asked and I nodded,

"I called you yesterday but Dokyeom's dad picked up the call so I informed him that I was going today" I told her and his mom sighed.

"Now I know why he kept repeating that he was forgetting something all day long yesterday." she spoke and Dokyeom and I chuckled on our side.

"Have you had dinner yet?" Dokyeom asked and she nodded from her side.

"I'll get you the sushi that you like from here when I come back, you've been saying you miss it" I added and her smile widened but she shook her head.

"It'll be a bother child, dont" She added sweetly but she and I both knew I wasn't going to listen anyways.

"Since when do you know my mom's favourite sushi place?" Dokyeom asked surprised and his dad replied from somewhere in the back.

"She's like our second daughter now, she visits us when you're away." Dokyeom's dad's reply was heartwarming, it made Dokyeom smile. "We even make her favourite stew when she comes home"

"Don't have too much fun without me" Dokyeom added playfully and his mom comforted him but in the end added a little "Hannie-ya, when you come back, you and I can go to the town market to get those hot rice cakes you like" making me chuckle and Dokyeom gape wide open his mouth.

"Eomma!" Dokyeom exclaimed like a little kid and she ended the call after asking us to have a good meal. 

Finishing our dinner, Dokyeom and I drove around on the scooter for a while before returning.

Thank you for reading

NOTE: the story is nearing the conclusion, please feel free to share plot ideas that you wish to see in this or a new story :) I'll try to add them if possible.

I appreciate it :)

Please comment your thoughts