Holiday house

Joshua calling

I read as I walked through the mannequins that were placed in the studio and I walked through them examining them.

Surprised a bit, I answered. "Hello?"

"Hey there" he answered in english. "How have you been? You know after the situation?" his question made me smile, because of his concern. 

"I'm alright. Was my first time experiencing something like this" I said and picked out a dress from the hangers and held it out for the designer to add it to the approved ones.

"We kept saying, 'Seventeen needs its own rumours now' looks like it got manifested real quick" he says making both of us chuckle.

"What's up? Why'd you call?" I ask going through more racks of clothes in the designer's studio.

"My birthday's coming up, a day before new years so, the members, NaEun, we'll be heading to a holiday house for celebrating my birthday and new years' eve there. I want you to join in on my birthday celebrations. It would mean a lot to me and the members and of course Dokyeom."

Joshua's invitation caught me by surprise, and I couldn't help but feel touched by the gesture. It was heartwarming to know that he wanted me to be a part of his birthday celebrations considering we had just started to get to know each other. 

"That's really sweet of you, Joshua," I replied, my voice filled with gratitude. "I'd love to join in with all of you. It sounds like a lot of fun."

Joshua's laughter came through the phone. "I'm glad you're up for it. We'll have a blast, I promise. Plus, you'll get to know us more."

"I can't wait, thank you so much for inviting me." I say smiling and we end the call.

I walk towards the designer with a few hangers holding the dresses in my hand. "Finalise these please. I believe they'd go really well with the concept."

Her assistant takes the dresses from me and the designer walks towards me.

"Miss baby EIC got a boyfriend?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

(EIC* editor in chief) 

"I'm afraid not, but I do have a few friends here and there" I tell with a smile.

The designer chuckled, clearly enjoying the intrigue. "Well, I'm just glad to see you happy and thriving. You deserve all the good things that come your way. You've been working your ass off ever since you've gotten into this industry."

I passed on a sweet smile towards her with gratitude.  "Thank you. I appreciate that."

The day of Joshua's birthday arrived, Dokyeom had very nicely convinced me through bickering that I would be going along with him, Mingyu, Dino to the holiday house since I didn't have a driver and he didn't want me to drive there all alone for 4 hours.

Picking me up from my apartment in the early evening, Dokyeom, Mingyu, Dino, and I left for our long drive to the holiday house. Mingyu took the wheel, navigating the roads for the first two hours of our trip. The miles flew by as we chatted, played music, and sang along, creating a sense of awareness in me that I really shouldn't try to sing in front of these highly trained and talented idols.

Our first stop was at a service area, a break from the road. We stretched our legs, grabbed some food, and took in the crisp evening air.

Driving long hours in cars always made me sleepy, I took a quick nap in the back seat as Dokyeom drove the car for the next 2 hours till we reached our destination, to my luck, neither of them tried to wake me up, but that didn't stop them from blasting songs in the car, which I didn't mind because once I was asleep, barely anything could affect me.