The break (up)?

Two weeks.

Two weeks had passed since I had left the apartment. We hadn't talked once after that. Not a single phone call or a text message. Only a few texts from the members asking how I was doing. I sat on my bedroom floor with my phone in my hand watching the blank screen waiting for something, a call, a text at least, but it didn't come. I was having a breakdown. 

Frustrated, I yeeted my phone on the bed across the room, in result the phone bounced off the bed and fell down with a small thud. Tears continued to flow down my face as if gates of a dam had been opened. I held my head in my hands and cried my eyes out until I was out of breath.

Me, Choi Hana, who barely cried in any situation; me who didn't cry on the funeral of my own father, me who could only be calmed down by Dokyeom's silly tricks so I could regain my breath and breathe properly was balling my eyes out like a teenager loosing their first love.

A knock on the door got me out of my crying trance and had me wiping my tears hastily.

"Imo! Mumma is calling you for dinner!" YuJin hollered from outside the door and I took in a few deep breaths to get my breathing to normal.

"YuJin-ie, please tell your mum that I'm not hungry." I replied with a breaking voice from behind the door as I wiped my face.

"She knew you would say this, so she said that she'll call the firefighters to evacuate you outside of the room if you don't come out now" YuJin replied, hollering in the same tune as she had called out for me before finding nothing wrong with her mother's plan of action.

"Tell her-" I started when I heard a loud smack on the door.

"Hya! Get out of that room already!" JiAh shouted, done with my daily breakdown.

"Hya, call the hottest set of those firefighters to evacuate me then!" I shouted back finding no humour in my own words. I took in a deep breath and opened the door but immediately ducked down seeing my sister. 

"What are you doing!" I shouted at JiAh as she held her slipper in her hand ready to launch at the door.

JiAh raised an eyebrow at my sudden appearance. "I thought I had to settle for the classic way" she spoke, her slipper still in hand.

"Please don't," I replied, and walked out of the room towards her and saw YuJin make her way to the dining table. "But seriously, JiAh, firefighters? please. How did you even come up with that?"

She rolled her eyes but chuckled. "I have good depression humour, its kind of  a 'been through done that' stage for me now. A hot firefighter could solve most of your problems right now." she spoke and I shook my head.

"No, thank you. My problems are entertaining enough right now, I need to sort them out." 

"Sure. Dinner's getting cold, and you need to eat. Sit '' she ordered pulling out a chair.

I nodded, following her to the dining table where the family had gathered. The atmosphere was a mix of concern and an attempt to bring back a semblance of normalcy. The dishes looked delicious, but my appetite seemed to have taken a leave of absence.

"Imo, even I am eating more than you" YuJin commented somewhere between the meal and I gave her a small smile and ate what little food went down my throat.

JiAh tried to bring up the topic a few times for the past few days but didn't push much. Finally she brought up a new topic reminding me of an event I had to attend. Surprisingly the host hadn't thrown me out of the invite list even in all this chaos.

"You'll attend right?" JiAh asked and I nodded, willfully.

After dressing up well and going to the beauty shop to get my hair and makeup properly done, I went to the party.