*Give Him a Chance*

-------------------------
Confusion, a swirling storm
in the mind,
Thoughts tangled,
like a puzzle hard to find.
Lost in a maze
of choices and doubt,
Seeking clarity,
a way to break out.
------------------------

" Where were you? "

Jimin halted on his steps at the sudden question . He turned only to find his mother staring at him intently.

" Mom i-" he tried to give excuse.

" Before you lie let me tell you Mingyu told me you weren't with him after lunch break which means you didn't attended last classes ." His mother spoke while jimin mentally slapped himself.

' That idiot.' he thought.

" Now speak why are you skipping your classes jimin even when you know how badly you are passing from past years."
His mother folded her hands on her chest and waited for the answer.

" Mom actually I - " he was suddenly at the loss of words because his mom knew him too well.

"Do you want me to tell your dad?........   What? SPEAK? " His mom asked again making the boy flinch slightly.

" Mom I went to the fresh air to get  the terrace ..." He blurted out in a hurry.

" What ?" His mom was confused.
.
" I mean fresh air i went to mom to get the terrace..." At this point he was ready to slap himself. He didn't knew why was he even afraid to tell that he was with a friend maybe because jungkook wasn't a just friend.

" You don't need to lie anymore jimin. " Jimin and his mother both looked at the doorway there stand jimin's brother while holding a box in a polythene in one hand while a bag in another.

" What do you mean?" His mother asked .

" Mom I called him from his college to help me ."  His brother spoke while jimin hurriedly ran to hide behind his hyung's
back who was his only hope at the moment.

" Why ?" His mom asked while still glaring at jimin who hid behind his hyung.

" Mom you know why. Today I got my first salary right and so I wanted to give you something remarkable so jimin and I decided to bring you a gift . And he wanted to select it himself that's why he left early but I had some work so I told him to go first and not to tell you anything." He spoke while his mother's eyes softened as she looked at both boys.  Meanwhile jimin was hiding behind his brother's back heard this and looked at his hyung abruptly.

" Really ..  ."  His mother asked suddenly in surprise.

" Mom here is your gift ." His mother took the gift and opened it to find out a beautifully carved scarf with flower petals design and beads attached at last . And the other small box contained a pretty baby pink coloured bracelet with dangling pearls.

" Both are so pretty ." His mother smiled while gently touching the scarf.

" But nothing is prettier than your mom." His brother spoke while jimin was partially hugging his brother.

" I am really touched . You know your smiles were enough for me you didn't need these gifts to make me happy. And Now i feel bad for scolded you! Stupid pumpkin.." his mother spoke while hugging jimin and his elder brother with teary smile.

" Mamma don't cry you would look ugly. .. ah..ah ah.."  Jimin spoke while his mom suddenly grabbed his ear.

" Why don't you learn some manners from your brother?" His mother spoke while tightening the grip.