Chapter 9 - Warden with a mission

Wriothesely's POV

 "Good evening, Duke Wriothesely!"

 "Good evening." 

 I put on my most natural-looking smile as I greeted the girls when they opened the door.

 "Is something wrong?"

 But they still noticed.

 I guess that's melusines for you.

 "Nothing major. Could you do me a favor, Trow?"

 Look at that! I've been here so much I'm starting to remember their names.

 "A favor?"

 "Please get everyone and go upstairs for a little bit while I talk to Monsieur Neuvillette about something."

 Just a simple chat.

 A simple violent chat.

 "Alright!"

 Luckily Trow suspected nothing.

 I watched from around the corner as all of them rushed upstairs giggling about something and only then did I go inside.

 "Good evening, Duke Wriothesely." Neuvillette greeted me as if nothing had happened.

 As if he hadn't just...

 And now that he was in front of me I couldn't hold myself back anymore.

 I grabbed his collar and pulled him away from that pile of paperwork that somehow seemed taller than last night, slamming him up against the wall.

 "Duke Wriothesely. This is incredibly rude." He said without even flinching.

 Rude...

 Rude?

 "I'm being rude, you say?"

 "It most definitely wasn't me who slammed you against a wall."

 Argh!

 This damn frustrating-

 "You- You came into my territory and told me to behave! Behave, I repeat! What do you think I am?! Some kind of dog?!"

 "If I would compare you to an animal a wolf would be a far more accurate comparison, Your Grace. But if it's a dog you compare yourself to-"

 "Neu-vil-lette."

 This damn dense bastard!

 "If the girls weren't here I would beat you to death, laws be damned!"

 "I'm afraid to disappoint you, but with your strength, you are far from capable of, as you so crudely put it, beating me to death."

 I'm aware, you bastard!

 But I would still try to punch you in the face nonetheless.

 "What? That's it?" A familiar voice suddenly sounded.

 I immediately froze.

 Oh, gods...

 I slowly turned my head and sure enough.

 Lady Furina was sitting right across from where Neuvillette was.

 "Oh, don't stop on my account. Please continue." She waved, munching on some snacks.

 I quickly turned away from her to glare at Neuvillette.

 "You did not give me the chance to warn you, Your Grace." He pointed out.