Chapter 82 - Not what I meant!

Okay. Let's try this again.

If you feel like you've missed something, you probably have.

Wattpad didn't send a notification for the last chapter so let's hope it does for this one.

~

~

 Wriothesley's POV

 "So, essentially, the representatives have nothing to do besides their usual jobs. They just get a fancy title and have to be present for the trial?"

 "That is correct." Neuvillette nodded.

 "So aren't the representatives useless?" I couldn't help but ask.

 "Yes and no. While the people taking the roles of representative were predetermined or chosen by Lady Furina and myself, the names will be made public before the trial and the people of Fontaine will have a chance to vote any of the five out should they feel that said person doesn't suit their role.

 This system gives the people the chance to have a say in everything.

 The same goes for within the circle of representatives. If two feel like there is someone who shouldn't be here, it will warrant a discussion and if three or more feel as such, the person will be changed."

 "Can I vote myself out?" I asked.

 This just seemed like a whole lot of trouble for nothing-

 "No." Neuvillette said firmly.

 "Even if I ask really nicely? Come now, Neuv. Can't I?"

 I could see him wavering slightly. That was, until Lady Furina kicked him under that table.

 "No." He repeated just as firmly as the first time.

 Well.

 Worth a try.

 I can try again later when Lady Furina is no longer around.

 "That said, how long will it take for you to round these annoyances up, Neuvillette? I'm getting tired of running around buying up all the Primordial Seawater." Lady Furina complained.

 "We have yet to find the mastermind, Lady Furina. Please have a bit of patience."

 "Patience, patience. Tsk! Why did you even propose to hold this little gathering if we still have to wait?"

 "I believe that everyone aside from you would be quite glad to be informed of such matters in advance. Shall I remind you that you forced me to write you an invitation as well?" Neuvillette retorted.

 Pfft!

 "You- Since when do you talk so much?!"

 "I talk the exact same amount as before, Lady Furina."

 "Like hell you do! Tsk! Yeah, whatever."

 The archon's grumpy outburst was ignored as Neuvillette explained a few more basic things about the trial.

 All in all, it was the same as any other, just on a larger scale.

 After he was done explaining, Neuvillette tasked both Clorinde and Navia with some small things mostly surveillance of the people on the list.

 I was ready to drag my little dragon away after the two left, but Lady Furina just had to interrupt once more.

 "Wait a minute, you two."

 Even before either of us had to ask what for, she slammed a piece of paper on the table.

 "Sigh this before you leave."