Chapter 30 - Seem to like

Here it is!

 The long-awaited 30th chapter!

 Finally! The start of the romance!

 Kind of.

~

~

Sigewinne's POV

 When I ran to Duke Wriothesely's office during my lunch break, I definitely wasn't expecting to be faced with such an absurd situation.

 "I seem to have taken a liking to Duke Wriothesely." Dad said with the same blank expression as usual.

 Pfft!

 I directly spat out the tea in my mouth, the rest of it falling onto the floor along with the cup.

 "Are you alright, Sigewinne?"

 "Yes..."

 No!

 Definitely not!

 Like hell I'm alright!

 How can you just throw out a bomb like that as if it was nothing?!

 "Say... Dad... What exactly do you mean by that?"

 "I'm not exactly sure."

 Damn it!

 What is this situation?!

 Did that perverted Duke manage to seduce Dad in the few hours that we were apart?

 That's not fair!

 No way!

 I won't allow it!

 We melusines only had Dad for a day or so and he already wants to charm him away?

 No way in hell!

 "So... Is it a 'like him as a friend' kind of like?"

 Please say yes!

 "I hardly have any friends to compare this feeling to, though that idea somehow feels... unsuitable."

 Ah, damn it...

 "Then is it the 'I want to marry him' kind of like?"

 "That, Sigewinne, is a comparison I'm unlikely to be able to make in this lifetime. Dragons, after all, take only one mate in their life and as you know, I've never had one."

For the first time in my many years of life, I found conversation with Dad to be an incredibly difficult and frustrating thing.

 To think that there would come a day when I would be the one suffering from his lack of EQ.

 Couldn't this problem be directed away to Lady Furina?

 Phew...

 Let's just take a step back.

 "Why do you think you like him?"

 Maybe it's just some misunderstanding-

 "I found myself with the urge to rip- dispose of a man when he threatened his life."

 You were going to say rip apart, weren't you?

 "So you were protective of him."

 "Right. Troublingly so, though fortunately, it is not to the extent as with you girls."

 That's a bit troublesome.

 But...

 This isn't too bad.