Chapter 95 - Threats

Wriothesley's POV

 "Your Grace! Your Grace! What is this about?!"

 Amalie burst into my office with lightning speed, waving the newest edition of the Steambird in my face.

 She didn't have to. I was already holding one myself. Curtesy of Neuvillette.

 He didn't let me look at the pictures but at least he made sure to send me a copy of the article as soon as it came out.

 Now I want to see the pictures even more!

 Come on!

 This is worse than just teasing!

 The picture Neuvillette chose was of the moment when we locked our fingers at the end.

 Innocent enough but...

 I think this might still cause some casualties amongst the people of Fontaine. 

 After all, for most, this is the first time they saw the Chief Justice smile.

 As for the article...

 How is this an article?!

 This is a whole book!

 Charlotte really went all out with her ONE article.

 There is nothing else in the whole newspaper aside from it.

 "They could have at least said it was a special edition or something. Some people might have bought it looking for other news." I mumbled.

 "Other news, Your Grace?! This is the news of the century! Next time, can you give me a warning in advance before I have a heart attack purchasing newspaper?" Amalie huffed.

 "I don't think there will be a next time."

 "Your wedding will surely cause a bigger stir. Now let me see the ring."

 She didn't wait for my reaction and simply took my hand to take a look.

 "Hmm. This is only natural. Of course, Monsieur Neuvillette would have good taste. I do hope you got him something at the very least decent as well, Your Grace, otherwise, the people of Fontaine will not only wish to kill you for marrying the object of their affection but also for not doing his beauty justice."

 What the hell?

 Where did that come from?

 And why does she think I couldn't manage to buy Neuvillette a decent ring?

 He likes it a lot, thank you very much.

 And the design was approved by Sigewinne as well before I had it made.

 "There will be no wedding." I declared, changing the subject.

 Her jaw hit the floor from shock, but that shock soon morphed into fury.

 Before I knew it, she had already grabbed me by the collar, yanking me forward.

 "Skip out on the wedding and you're dead."

 "What?"

 What the hell?

 "Is that a threat?"

 "Was that not incredibly clear?" She glared at me.

 "I just wanted to be sure, after all, even Lady Furina only dared to threaten to kidnap me."

 "Well, I'm not Lady Furina. I am someone who will skin you alive if you utter another word of that nonsense."