Chapter 59 - Not a week of peace

Furina's POV

 "Lady Furina?" 

 I looked up and Clorinde, the always calm and collected Clorinde was shifting around nervously.

 "What is it?"

 It was already weird that she requested some of my time this morning only to bring me outside of the Court to sit around in the grass.

 I went along with it because I had nothing better to do at the moment and I was incredibly bored.

 Aside from that, the weather was quite nice as well.

 Neuvillette has been a lot happier recently.

 Good for him.

 Good for me.

 Good for Fontaine.

 "Lady Furina, please excuse me, but I've invited another guest to join us for this discussion."

 "Oh? Who is it?"

 Just why on Teyvat was she being so secretive?

 She always hangs around when I'm alone and I'm usually less bored with her around. That's why she can pretty much do anything in Fontaine, so I really don't understand why she would be so nervous.

 "Navia. The president of-"

 "Spina di Rosula?"

 "Yes. Please don't be-"

 "I'm not that shallow." I waved off her worries.

 She's just a child. Young and impulsive.

 Not the first to oppose me either.

 At that exact moment, the one in question walked up to us.

 "Greetings, Lady Furina. Clorinde."

 The two smiled at each other and I couldn't help but eye them suspiciously.

 "May I sit?"

 "Yes, sit. And then the two of you will spit out the reason for dragging me out here so secretively."

 She chuckled as she sat down and then both of them proceeded to shift around nervously without saying another word.

 ...

 "Spit it out." I repeated.

 What the hell is wrong with you two?

 "Lady Furina... Are you perhaps aware of what is going on with Monsieur Neuvillette?" Clorinde asked eventually.

 "Neuvillette? No? He was fine last time I saw him."

 It was a bit weird that he came back so soon even though the agreed-upon week had passed.

 I thought he would stay a bit longer, but maybe he thought he just simply had too much work to deal with.

 "First of all... He has been refusing to see the melusines."

 "Excuse me?"

 He's doing what?

 "This has been going on for three days now. Even Miss Sigewinne, who came up all the way from the fortress at least once every single day was sent back without question."

 What the f*ck?

 I almost cursed aloud hearing that.

 What the hell is wrong with that idiotic dragon this time?

 Did the kids do something to earn their father's ire?

 "He also seems much colder than usual. I went to personally deliver him some information he had requested from me and usually, I would have been offered some tea and at least a few pleasantries, but this time I was pretty much kicked out." Navia added.