Chapter 33 - Neuv

Wriothesely's POV

 Thanks to Neuvillette's newfound interest in my jacket collar, I was forced to sit on the floor by the two women so they could still see him. 

  Ugh...

 Why is it that I suffer because you're both short?

 Luckily I was sensible enough not to say this out loud.

 After some further discussion, we also reached the most likely conclusion to our current issue.

 "So Neuvillette kept his emotions sealed away for 400 years, but when the girls meddled with his safe full of Primordial Seawater he freaked out so much the seal most likely broke.

 This could have also been the cause of his draconic features emerging at that time.

 From that point onward we all noticed that he seemed more open with his emotions, but all three of us blamed it on the events transpiring around them like the girls being around and the whole becoming a father thing.

 His emotions had been rather positive throughout all of this so the weather didn't change either, causing all of us to be completely oblivious to the problem.

 Today, however, not only did he get royally pissed off, but also quite distressed from what I could see hence the current situation." Lady Furina concluded.

 "His current form could be some sort of self-defense mechanism against... well... speaking to the Duke about certain matters which may in turn agitate his emotions further." Sigewinne added.

 This was a perfectly sound explanation, I just wanted to be sure of one thing.

 "So him drinking Primordial Seawater really wouldn't have influenced this situation?"

 There was a short silence followed by Lady Furina's violent outburst.

 "He did what?! Again?! How many times do I have to tell him to cease with that nonsense?!?"

 Excuse me?

 "Again?"

 "What exactly do you mean by again, Lady Furina?" Sigewinne frowned.

 "Well first of all that idiot wasn't even sure if he was immune to it so the best idea he could come up with is to just go for it and try. After that, every once in a while when I showed up in his office with a bottle, he would drink it so, and I quote "I wouldn't fool around with it". As if I would ever do something like that."

 Silence fell in the room.

 The reason for it was...

 Neither of us dared to say a word when faced with Sigewinne's endless fury.

 She looked at the small dragon sleeping on my jacket as if she was going to rip him to pieces right that instant.

 "Your Grace, could you perhaps-"

 "No."

 I can't give him to you.

 "You didn't even let me finish."

 I didn't need to. Your intentions are written on your face.

 "I was just going to kindly explain to him the consequences of being reckless and endangering his own life." She smiled kindly.

 I couldn't help but shuffle backward.

 I don't think Neuvillette would like that explanation.

 Even though he damn well deserved it.