Chapter 16 - Stupid Pervert

Wriothesely's POV

 "Pervert."

 "Perv- You dare accuse me after pulling his shirt up yourself?!"

 "I wasn't the one who turned into a blushing mess just by seeing a small part of someone's waist!" Sigewinne whispered accusingly.

 "I did not turn into a blushing mess!" 

 "If you're so sure about that, you should keep your eyes elsewhere!"

 "I keep my eyes where I want to!"

 "Stop staring at Monsieur Neuvillette before I beat you to death, you pervert!"

 The only reason we were able to have this... conversation was because Neuvillette promised to restrict his enhanced hearing for a while.

 Otherwise...

 "Stop staring, you damn pervert!"

 No matter how much we whispered, he would have been able to hear it even from the other side of the house, let alone the other side of the room like now.

 And...

 "I'm not staring. I'm observing one of the only dragons in Teyvat."

 Definitely.

 "Pervert."

 "Stop calling me a pervert already! Why would you care if I stared anyway?"

 "I care because he's my- He's the melusines's guardian. We can't have you charming him away just because he's a bit too innocent in that regard." She mumbled.

 "Just admit you pretty much consider him your father and I might start taking your opinions into account."

 On that note.

 Innocent in that regard?

 I wonder how much I can tease him before he realizes it.

 "Even if I consider him as such, I'm not crazy enough to admit it out loud while he's around."

 "Not crazy enough?"

 What was she talking about?

 "Do you think I'm the first melusine to think of Monsieur Neuvillette like that? No, we all do. Well, most of us anyway. But we're still sane enough not to go around randomly awakening a dragon's parental instincts."

 "Parental instinct?"

 "The 'touch my kid and I'll drown your nation' kind." She explained.

 Oh oh.

 A shiver ran down my spine as I glanced over to Neuvillette.

 He was busy with the paperwork Sedene had dropped off not too long ago and true to his words, he didn't seem to be listening in on our conversation.

 "Say, Sigewinne..."

 "What?"

 "How come Neuvillette never realized how the melusines think of him?"

 "Monsieur Neuvillette is a bit... slow when it comes to emotions."

 Well, so about that...

 "What if someone went and spelled it out for him." I asked hesitantly, my voice shaking a bit.

 "Well, if such a, forgive my lack of better wording, crazy bastard exists, they will be beaten to death by the melusines before they can-"

 She stopped speaking the second we locked eyes.