Chapter 13 - Just a name

Wriothesely's POV

 "Monsieur Neuvillette!"

 "Please!"

 "Pretty please!"

 "Just this once!"

 "No."

 Just one word from Neuvillette and the girls became more disappointed than I had ever seen them.

 Bust soon, determination filled their eyes.

 "Then we'll tell our friends!"

 "Right!"

 "By tomorrow evening every single melusine will know!"

 I watched as Neuvillette tried his best not to smile as he was being threatened.

 He had been firm when saying no earlier, but I'm pretty sure he will give in eventually.

 "No."

 Or not.

 The girls too probably realized that what they were doing now wasn't working and so they moved on to more... excessive measures.

 "Waah!"

 "Not fair!"

 "That's- Waah!"

 "And it's our last day here too!"

 They all burst out laughing one by one and that's where Neuvillette's feigned calmness finally shattered.

 He knelt down and drew all six of them into his arms.

 "Girls, girls, come now. I really can't... Hah... Fine. Just this once."

  The tears instantly stopped flowing as soon as he said that.

 "Yey!"

 "We won!"

 "Hehe!"

 "Monsieur Neuvillette is the best!"

 Neuvillette held back a sigh as he watched them run upstairs all excited.

 "So... What was that all about?" I asked.

 This situation was created while I was away to pick up some things I would need during my, as Lady Furina put it in the official report, secret mission under the direct orders of the hydro archon.

 I had to explain my absence somehow, but really?

 Back to the current situation.

 I honestly had no idea what the girls were asking so desperately for.

 Instead of answering, he let out that long held-back sigh and walked up the stairs after the girls.

 ???

 Did I do something wrong?

 "Your'Grace! Could you help us out a bit?" Sigewinne's voice came from upstairs.

 I left my bag in the hallway and followed her voice.

 It was when I found them that I discovered at least one reason why Neuvillette could be sighing.

 While the Iudex's room had been a disaster the first time I was here, now it was at least twice as bad.

 The toys were mostly gone, but the amount of pillows and blankets had doubled at the very least.

 And it wasn't even finished yet.

 As I was standing in the doorway a melusine ran past me with three more pillows before disappearing down the stairs once again.