Chapter 61 - His pain

This chapter is a mix of Neuvillette's and 3rd person POV. It doesn't really make much of a difference, I just thought I would inform you anyway.

And...

 OMG! We're already at 60k reads! What the hell guys?!

 We just reached 50k a few days back!

 WOW!

 For this, I present you with a new chapter!

 Jokes aside, this chapter was honestly painful to write.

 You have been warned!

~

~

Neuvillette's POV

 "Ah! Monsieur Neuvillette! What can I do for you this evening?"

 "Isn't it quite late for you to be out here still, Aeval?" I asked the little one with a smile.

 "I have just one more ride to go! I made an appointment with someone back at the harbor." She answered happily.

 "If so, then mind if I join you on this ride?"

 "It would be my pleasure! Do you have some business in to harbor, Monsieur?"

 "No, no. I'm planning on getting off halfway there."

 "Halfway-"

 Instantly she started frowning.

 "Monsieur Neuvillette, I do believe that both Elphane and I have told you multiple times that jumping off Aquabus lines is dangerous." She said in an almost scolding tone.

 I couldn't hold back a smile from surfacing.

 "And yet you will bring me along anyway, won't you?"

 She grumbled a bit longer before eventually starting the Aquabus.

 Along the way, she kept talking excitedly.

 About her day.

 About all the new friends she had made.

 "Ah, right! I heard from Veleda that there is a really cute kid in Meropide."

 It took all my willpower not to flinch.

 "If all goes well he will be joining you for your gathering next month." I managed to say.

 "Wow! Really? I've really wanted to meet him since Veleda is just continuously going around telling everyone how cute and innocent that child is and how easy it is to tease him. It's gotten to the point where we all either want to beat Veleda to death or storm fortress and take a look ourselves."

 I couldn't help but smile hearing her complaints.

 I looked up to realize that we were already approaching my destination.

 I was also reminded about something I still had to say.

 "Aeval..."

 "Yes, Monsieur? Oh, wait! We can call you Dad now, right?"

 Her smile was so bright I almost couldn't bear to look.

 "Right..."

 "Dad! Did you want to tell me something?"

 Yes...

 Yes, I suppose I do...

 "If something were to happen with the Primordial Sea, please call for me."