Chapter 23 - Left a mark

Wriothesely's POV

 "A what now?"

 "You can't possibly tell me that you don't think that Monsieur Neuvillette is nice to look at, Your Grace."

 Amalie?

 What the actual fu-

 I turned to look at Neuvillette who only continued sighing with an expression of: Just leave her be.

 "And the tea was absolutely amazing as well." She continued.

 Tea?

 I never got any tea.

 And I pretty much lived with him for like two days.

 "Miss Sedene is quite talented when it comes to brewing tea. Surprising considering who she works for."

 Oh.

 So it was Sedene.

 For some reason that makes me feel a lot better.

On that note.

 "Monsieur Neuvillette, does she-"

 "Always."

 Wow!

 Amalie is even more daring than I thought. To think that she could keep her usual attitude around Neuvillette as well.

 Hah...

 Now I was the one left sighing.

 "What brought you here, Amalie? I doubt you came all the way here just to welcome me back."

 "Well, of course not, Your Grace."

 Why did I ever hire her?

 Sigh...

 "There was an incident in the production zone." Her voice turned serious as she spoke.

 "An incident?"

 "There were signs of sabotage found on one of the valves during a random inspection."

 A valve? An one in the production zone at that?

 "Which one?"

 "One of the four that are used to flood the production zone in case of emergency."

 I frowned deeply hearing that.

 Had it not been for the inspection, that could have turned really dangerous really fast.

 "What about the other ones?"

 "The other three were fine and the fourth has been fixed since. I took the liberty to place some extra guards around the valves just to be sure."

 "Good. Well done."

 Righ.

 This is why I hired her.

 "Anything else?"

 "The prisoners have been asking about Miss Sigewinne a lot."

 A shiver ran down my spine the instant those words came out of her mouth.

 I cautiously glanced over to Neuvillette, but he seemed to be busy with his work once again.

 "They were worried about her health seeing how she has been absent for a while now. Now that she's back, they flocked the infirmary."

 Crack-

 This time, I was sure something had happened.

 I glanced at the suspiciously silent dragon to see him staring at the broken pen in his hand with a troubled expression.