Chapter 10 - Lost control

Neuvillette's POV

 "Neuvillette, that's enough." Wriothesely said as he stepped between me and the girls, blocking my line of sight.

 Enough?

 Enough?!

 Yes...

 Enough is enough.

 With a flick of my wrist, I held him by his troath and slammed him up against the wall.

 "Do not think for a second that me allowing you into my home time and time again gives you any right to meddle in my affairs, Wriothesely. And don't assume that Fontaine's laws will keep me from snapping your throat should you interrupt me again."

 He wouldn't have been able to answer even if he wanted to.

 He was barely able to breathe at all but at the moment I just couldn't find it in myself to care.

 "You are not-"

 Ba-dump!

 I could clearly feel that single warning heartbeat as a wave of heat and dizziness washed over me.

 Wha-

 No.

 No!

 Not here!

 Not now!

 My hand shook and Wriothesely's neck slipped out of my grasp, causing him to fall to the floor.

 "Cough! Cough! Cough! Cough!"

 But...

 That's good.

 I need him-

 I need him to-

 "Duke.. Wriothesely... Take... the girls... to the house I let you stay in... the other night. There.... you will find a crystal.... on the nightstand... in the second-floor bedroom. Break it... and tell Furina to come here... Right now." 

 I could barely breathe as I spoke.

 I could barely contain myself.

 And to top this all off, he didn't move an inch, just stared at me warily.

 "Now! Go!" I shouted and I finally saw movement.

 Sigewinne ran out from among the group, stood in front of him, and slapped him hard.

 "Duke Wriothesely!"

 That slap coupled with her shout seemed to finally snap him out of the daze he was stuck in.

 But before he could make a move, the front door slammed open and Furina stormed in.

 "Neu-vil-lette! Are you the damn electro archon?! What the hell is with the stupid lightning sto- Oh gods..."

 Furina's POV

 That's not good.

 Oh, that's definitely not good.

 This situation is horrible.

 "Kids! Upstairs! Right now!"

 I pushed the girls along with a wave of hydro, doing the same for Duke Wriothesely who in the end didn't need all that much encouragement.

 As soon as I saw the last of them disappear up the stairs I put a barrier between the floors and another outside the house.

 Then, within seconds, I was at Neuvillette's side.