Chapter 97 - Splash

Wriothesley's POV

 Someone had used the elevator to go down and they were still there.

 Damn it!

 How did they find out about the Primordial Sea being here?

 Or maybe they didn't know and just discovered the elevator when doing whatever it was that they were doing down here.

 I could at least stay calm thinking that they wouldn't be able to break the seal anyway.

 That was, until the sound of an explosion cut through the air, shaking the whole place.

 Son of a b*tch!

 Crazy bastards!

 If they want to die so badly they should just jump into their own little pool op Primordial Seawater!

 Why bring all of Fontaine down with them?!

 Calm down Wriothesley. Neuvillette said that even if an archon were to come and try to break it, it was difficult to say whether or not they would succeed.

 Plus, detonating a bomb down there would most likely draw Neuvillette's attention

 I still need to get down and take a look at the situation though.

 Since the elevator would draw too much attention, I opted for the small hidden flight of stairs in the corner.

 Tsk!

 I don't use these They are old. One wrong step and they could-

 Snap!

 Bang!

 A metal plate I had just stepped on broke and fell down with a loud bang.

 Yeah. That could happen.

 And that probably alerted the idiots down there as well.

 God damn it!

 I'm pissed off, tense, and incredibly worried! 

 I know I should be calm about this, but damn it's hard!

 I'm angry that so many people we able to slip down here under my watch.

 I'm worried about the girls and that reckless brat, Claude.

 I'm worried about Neuvillette.

 About whether or not he will be able to protect them.

 About what would happen if he wasn't in time.

 Okay!

 That's enough ominous thinking!

 I will inform Neuvillette in time!

 He will be able to protect the kids!

 Nothing bad will happen to anyone aside from the bastards who orchestrated this.

 Phew!

 Alright!

 Let's get on with it!

 Deeming myself calm enough, I made my way down the stairs a bit more carefully.

 I got downstairs fully expecting a group of armed men, guns drawn and ready to shoot but-

 "Neuvillette?"

 He was standing in the middle of a ring of people sprawled out on the ground, dead or alive, I couldn't tell.

 "Wrio? You're down here as well?" He smiled.