Chapter 101 - Safe and sound

Wriothesley's POV

 "This is where you wanted to take me?" I could barely hold back a laugh.

 We were in his house.

 "I thought you would drag me to the middle of nowhere or something. Or was this your plan all along? To drag me to your bed instead."

 There was a dismissive grunt but nothing else. He kept his face buried between my neck and shoulder.

 Sigh...

 My stupid little dragon.

 "Neuvillette-"

 "What happened down there?" He asked suddenly, interrupting my words.

 I was a bit surprised that he actually spoke since he hadn't said a thing since I agreed to his request.

 That and...

 I glanced out the window to see possibly one of the biggest storms Fontaine ever experienced.

 I don't think telling him more than he already knows is a good idea.

 "Neuv-"

 "Tell me. I would rather not go find out myself."

 Fair enough.

 If he does find out in the state he is in right now, I would rather be around for it.

 Sigh...

 "After you left..."

 __

 Splash!

 I closed my eyes on reflex, expecting to be hit in the face with cold water, but even after the sound of water hitting something had sounded, I didn't feel a thing.

 Did he miss?

 No way.

 It was way too close for him to miss.

 As I opened my eyes, I was met with the gaze of a terrified man.

 "How- How is that- He said- He said the Iudex was the hydro-"

 His words caught off as he collapsed.

 What the hell?

 Did he pass out from fright?

 I was just about to go and check when I saw movement from the corner of my eye.

 Huh?

 I looked down to see a circle of water around me.

 Primordial Seawater.

 It was as if it had been pushed away from me by a forcefield.

 Is this Neuvillette's doing?

 I couldn't think of any other reason, but Neuvillette would have surely told me if he had found a solution to his biggest worry.

 I crouched down and there it was.

 The water moved once more, retreating away from me.

 Curiosity got the better of me as I extended my finger closer to the water. Sure enough, it retreated once again.

 Well, isn't this convenient?

 I was tempted to try how far I could push this when the water all suddenly gathered in one place before flowing back into the bottle the guy had dropped at some point.

 Pfft!

 Like a kid trying to escape punishment.

 "Did Neuvillette scold you or something?" I couldn't help but ask teasingly.