Chapter 75 - The source

Almost time for the livestream!

Just a little over two hours left!

~

~

Wriothesley's POV

 As such, Neuvillette, who at some point apparently took the time to wander all around Meropide, even to the abandoned production zone, teleported us there.

 I really love that no one questions the whole teleporting thing.

 Claude was just excited while Amalie simply went along with it like it was nothing.

 We still had to walk to our destination through the geode mine shaft though. And at the end of it...

 "Well, this is a bit problematic." I commented.

 We were now looking at a deep cavern filled completely with water.

 Lady Furina was incredibly straightforward this time. So much so, that she shocked even Neuvillette.

 She directly jumped in.

 Or at least, she tried to.

 "Neu-vil-lette! Unhand me this instant!" She shouted as she struggled in the dragon's hold.

 "I will unhand you when you stop recklessly jumping into unknown situations, Lady Furina."

 "I am Fontaine's archon! I can do as I please!"

 You might be Fontaine's archon, but an archon dangling by their collar isn't the most intimidating.

 Eventually, Neuvillette had to let her down although I suspect he only did so because of Amalie and Claude's presence.

 "So this..."

 How do we handle this?

 I got Neuvillette's coat instead of an answer.

 "Neuv- What the fu- Stop right there!"

 Splash!

 He.

 Jumped.

 In.

 He stopped Lady Furina because it was reckless and then proceeded to do the same thing himself!

 Sigh...

 I'm not going to start to worry.

 Neuvillette can't drown and I doubt whatever he could come across could do as much as leave a scratch.

 We will need to have a discussion about this.

 Luckily, it didn't take long for him to return.

 "Neuv? Is something wrong?"

 He was frowning and I couldn't decide whether he looked incredibly pissed or worried. Maybe both. He just shook his head and leaned down to whisper something to Lady Furina.

 The archon's eyes widened in turn.

 "What?! The I'll-"

 "No."

 "Neuvillette! This is not your decision to make!"

 "Lady Furina!"

 Having shouted the archon into stunned silence, Neuvillette turned to the equally shocked Amalie and Claude.

 "My apologies, but I'll have to ask you to return to Wriothesely's office with Lady Furina."

 Okay. Something is definitely wrong on the other side of that tunnel.