Chapter 14 - Don't wake up a sleeping dragon

Wriothesely's POV

 Luckily, I was able to go to bed without having to see Neuvillette for more than just a few seconds.

 I also managed to figure out what exactly it was that the girls wanted to do.

 When I went to wish them good night I found them all sitting on the floor amidst the pillows and blankets.

 The girls were surrounding Neuvillette. One of them was braiding his hair, and the others seemed to do everything in their power to sabotage that as subtly as possible.

 Still, even such small actions couldn't escape the Chief Justice's eyes and the only thing their actions earned was a scolding.

 Now that I was lying peacefully in my own bed the only thing that I had to do before sleeping was...

 Getting the picture of Neuvillette in pyjamas out of my head!

 But really!

 His usual clothes and this...

 That's like a complete 180!

 A loose-fitting shirt that was one size too large at the very least and pants that I still think are way too tight to sleep in.

 Archons!

 What am I? Some touch-starved teenager?!

 What the hell am I thinking about?!

 ...

 Apparently, I fell asleep at some point while I was arguing with myself as the next thing I knew was waking up to the sun shining in through the window.

 I took a much-needed shower and when I went downstairs after, I couldn't help but frown.

 Taking a look at the clock confirmed that I wasn't going crazy and it was already pretty late, so where are all of them?

 They should be running around getting ready for work around this time.

 I crept up the stairs and slowly opened the bedroom door to see-

 Ah, good god!

 I nearly slammed the door shut at the sight.

 Taking a deep breath I peeked behind the door once again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

 And oh, how I wish I was.

 You know what?

 Yesterday when I said I figured out what the girls had wanted from Neuvillette...

 Yeah.

 Forget about that.

 That never happened.

 This definitely wasn't anything remotely similar to what I had thought.

 The girls were lying amongst the pile that they had built the night before. This was to be expected.

 What was anything but that was that Neuvillette was there as well.

 And that wasn't even all of it!

 He had embraced one of the girls close to his chest while another was lying on his other, outstretched arm.

 Another one of them was sprawled out on top of his legs.

 I also found Sigewinne lying in a weird position next to the pile, most likely having rolled off in her sleep.

 The thing my brain was having problems processing though, was where the last two were lying.