Chapter 57 - Thank you... Goodbye

I was worried about the two options getting the same amount of votes but this turned out clear as day.

I swear you'll all hate me after this.

Probably at least half of those 23 people will regret their decision.

After writing this chapter, I can confidently say: This is honestly more painful than I imagined.

~

~

Neuvillette's POV

 I watched with a smile as Furina and Wriothesely were dragged around by the girls. The amount of questions they were getting bombarded with could overwhelm even me but they were handling it quite well.

 It's good to have a peaceful moment like this sometimes. Maybe I should bring them here more often.

 Looking at the situation right now, I doubt the girls would be against it.

 Though...

 "Are you not planning to join, Carabosse?"

 The little potion master had just settled down in my lap at the start and was just looking at them from afar like me.

 "I'm a bit too old for that, don't you think so, Monsieur Neuvillette?"

 "Some of them are the same age as you." I pointed out.

 "I just don't feel like it." She mumbled.

 Bad day?

 Just as I was contemplating whether I should ask about it, she sighed.

 "Humans are fragile creatures."

 This little mumble caused me to look over to Wriothesely once more and chuckle at the situation.

 "He's more responsible than he looks. He's been taking care of... He's been dealing with Sigewinee for some years now." I reassured her.

 Though I can understand that she would be worried about him throwing the girls into the air like that.

 "The smallest of things can spell the end of their life." She continued.

 "And I won't allow that."

 "What if it's something you cannot influence?"

 "Wha-

 "Have you chosen him as your mate?"

 She turned her head, her piercing gaze staring at me unblinkingly.

 "I-"

 Have I?

 I couldn't help but smile.

 "I-"

 "Before you acknowledge anything and make a decision forever irreversible, please acknowledge one thing, Monsieur." She interrupted.