Chapter 114 - The sweet taste of revenge

There is an unmarked POV switch in this chapter.

~

~

Wriothesley's POV

"You what?"

 I had turned a bit worried when Neuvillette sat me down after the trial, but I certainly wasn't expecting this. 

 He took a deep breath before repeating his previous words.

 "Please let me take Gerald away from here before killing him."

 "Away like..."

 "Out of your sight. I'm asking if it would be okay for you not to be there."

 "Why?"

 I had my suspicion, but I had to hear it from him.

 "I... I would rather not say."

 This again?

 "Neuvillette dear. You will either tell me exactly why you don't want me there or I will be there." I gave him a choice.

 His hands tightened into fists as he bit down on his lips. I was just starting to think he wouldn't speak when-

 "I will most likely turn violent, feral even. I don't wish for you to see me like that."

 There we go.

 "That wasn't so hard now, was it?"

 "I just... I don't wish for you to see me as anything but..."

 "Perfect?"

 He flinched and I knew I had hit the nail on the head.

 Sigh...

 "No one is perfect."

 "But I want to be. For you. You don't deserve anything less than perfect." He mumbled, lowering his head.

 He...

 "To me, you are perfect as you are. You would still be just as perfect even if you violently murdered someone in front of my eyes."

 It wasn't as if I didn't know what I was getting myself into with this relationship.

 Even in stories, dragons were never known for their excessive generosity.

 Besides, right now, I too have the urge to rip someone apart.

 He looked up, his eyes filling with shock for a moment before softening as he started to smile.

 "Thank you, Wrio."

 "Anytime."

 Hmph!

 If anyone dares to say anything other than compliments to my precious little dragon I'll beat them to death!

 "But I still don't want you to watch."

 "Alright. I'll take care of the rest of the trash in the meantime if you don't mind." I smiled.

 "Do as you wish. I will have to advise you to do it next to the Primordial Sea. It's much easier to clean up."

 Well, well.

 How kind of you.

 "I'm guessing our dear friend Gerald is gonna end up in your domain."

 "Correct."

 "Please, if you can, do introduce him to your other side."

 That one would probably have a few choice of words for him as well.