Chapter 54 - The wrong way to go

Furina's POV

 Ugh...

 I opened my eyes to a familiar yet unfamiliar ceiling.

 Where have I seen this before?

 "You're awake, Lady Furina."

 Oh, that voice I recognize.

 "Duke-" 

 Wait.

 What?!

 I clearly sent him back to the fortress!

 Why is he here?!

 Where is here, anyway?

 I sat up only to lie back down instantly.

 What the hell?!

 This is Neuvillette's house!

 Why am I in Neuvillette's house?!

 "You overestimate the patience I have with you and the patience I have for Fontaine, Furina."

 His words sounded in my mind like thunder and I had the urge to run.

 Since I had the urge to do so, I would do exactly that.

 Only...

 The second I moved to escape I was pushed right back down.

 "Woah there! Please just stay put, Lady Furina." Duke Wriothesely smiled, still holding me down by my shoulder.

 "Duke Wriothesely! Unhand me right this instant!"

 "I can't. Not until Neuvillette returns."

 Neuvillette?

 "Where is he?"

 "Downstairs, getting scolded half to death by the girls most likely. I you don't want to join the party, I would advise you not to set a single toe off this bed."

 Okay.

 Fine.

 But...

 Why am I here?

 "How exactly did I get here?"

 "You don't remember. No. I'm sorry, my bad. Of course, you wouldn't. Neuvillette saved you from the Knave. Or at least I think he did. By the time I got there, he was already strangling her."

 What?!

 "H- He saved me?"

 After all of that?

 "Why?"

 I couldn't understand.

 First, he threatens to massacre everyone in Fontaine and then he goes and saves me?

 "Just why?"

 "Oh gods, please save my sanity! These two are both idiots..." He mumbled.

 Excuse me?

 Idiots?

 "You're reactions to getting help from one another after that fight is exactly the same. Except for the fact that Neuvillette was pretty much bawling his eyes out."

 That last sentence was nothing but a whisper but there was no way I wouldn't have heard it.

 "He cried?"

 Neuvillette?

 Neuvillette actually cried?

 Right before Duke Wriothesely could open his mouth, a torn-up figure burst into the room.