Chapter 65 - A choice

I'm having such a great day right now!

The story reached 70k reads

I triple-crowned Neuvillette

I got a full set of artifacts for him like 5 minutes ago...

 Yeah, definitely a great day!

 I hope you guys have an amazing day as well!!!

~

~

 Wriothesely's POV

 "Want to know how to extend your life by a few millennia?"

 Pfft!

 "Cough! Cough! Cough!"

 What the hell?!

 This was the second time today I was forced to spit out my tea.

 Sure, it wasn't the best, but...

 My tea!

 And...

 "I really don't have the patience for jokes. If Neuvillette, in other words, you knew something like that, we wouldn't be in this situation, now would we?"

 "Well..."

 He tilted his head to the side, frowning.

 "What?"

 "There is a way."

 "What nonsense-"

 "It's just that even I don't want to go through with it let alone the rational side."

 What?!

 "If Neuvillette knew something like that why did he-"

 "It might end in your death. A slow and painful death." He interrupted me.

 "My..."

 Death?

 Even so-

 "Shouldn't he have asked for my opinion first?! No matter what, I'm due at least a proper explanation!"

 I've had just about enough of everyone being so damn secretive and thinking they know what's best for me!

 He formed again, his eyes narrowing.

 "Alright."

 Alright?

 "Let's start with me then."

 "You?"

 "Yes, I believe it's better for you first fully to understand who I am before anything else."

 That's fair.

 "I'm the embodiment of Neuvillette's intrusive thoughts, if you will. The personification of pure instinctual drive actions."

 "What?"

 "Hmm... Let me put it this way. For example, if you were to suddenly stand in front of him completely naked, what do you think Neuvillette would do?"

 What the hell kind of example is this?

 But fine.

 "He would probably look away and tell me to put on some clothes as I'm being indecent."

 "Correct. But somewhere deep within his mind would be me, yapping away about how it is far better to look at you naked and pouncing on you right then and there is a far better option."

 What the actual fu-

 "Another example would be the time that bastards tried to kill you in your office. The rational side said to disarm, not kill, while the irrational one, in other words, me, the side driven by instinct screamed for him to rip that man apart limb from limb. He couldn't completely keep a hold of himself back then, hence that useless piece of trash's broken wrist."