Chapter 85 - Doomed to a makeover

There is an unmarked POV switch in this chapter. I will try to make it as obvious as possible but the usual warning won't be there.

~

~

 So...

 Proposal.

 Oh my god!

 Can I really do this?!

 I'm freaking out!

 Neuvillette has been acting weird as well!

 Both last night and the one before. He just stared blankly mumbling to himself for minutes on end. 

 Now I'm supposed to take him out on a date and...

 Propose!

 Oh, archons!

 Thank god he left for work already. I really don't want him to see me freaking out like this.

 He didn't want to at first, but something so important came up that they sent someone all the way down to Meropide to inform him.

 Likely something related to that bothersome organization again since it was a member of the Phantom that came.

 Tsk!

 Assassination attempt is one thing, but can they not ruin my plans?!

 If they dare ruin the proposal I swear I will skin them all alive!

 One had to say, Wriothesley was worrying too much.

 The reason Neuvillette left was after all...

 "We have finished all preparations Monsieur Neuvillette. Should any of them try to make sudden moves, they will be immediately apprehended." Trow reassured me.

 "Thank you, my dear. Please, do be careful."

 She smiled as I petted her on the head.

 Everything was handled then.

 That's good.

 After some discussion... A very long discussion. Navia and Clorinde decided that it might be better for me to use today's date as an opportunity to propose, should I see a moment that I deem perfect.

 In Navia's words:

 "That's it! I'm deeming this a total lost cause. Monsieur, please just ask Wriothesley to plan a date, will you? You clearly aren't capable of doing so yourself." 

 Clorinde had agreed to it too.

 "While it isn't the best solution, it might be our only one."

 I had to agree as well.

 During our previous discussion, it quickly became quite obvious that I knew less about human traditions and habits than anticipated.

 A 'total lost cause' as they put it.

 As such, it was decided that it would be better to hope for a good moment during the date Wrio planned.

 "Dad?"

 Huh?

 Oh dear!

 "My apologies, Trow. I got lost in thought for a moment."

 "Is it because of Uncle Wriothesley?"

 "Yes..."

 Uncle Wriothesley...

 Pfft!

 Sigewinne has been teasing him about that on a daily basis I hear.

 Trow looked up at me with an expression that just screamed 'Tell me about it'.