𝐂𝐡.𝟏 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Liya

Just like any other normal night in Luka's house, we're sat in the theatre room watching a movie when his phone rings. I don't even need to look over to know who it is because I know exactly it's the drunk bastard.

My eyes simply roll as I hear Luka answer to the officers that call him nearly three out of seven times in a week because...

"Let me guess, another drunk fight?" I chuckle with annoyance...

"I'm sorry, I'll get back as soon as I can," Luka apologizes, leaving the room.

I sigh and turn back to the huge screen which displays Rapunzel. My favourite Disney movie and a movie that I resemble so much due to my past. It's only a few hours until Luka has Chase in his arms since alcohol has taken his senses away. His knuckles were bruised and covered in blood.

"He attacked someone in the parking lot. The doctors say he's dislocated his jaw," Luka informed carefully taking Chase to the guest room which practically became Chase's room because it was occupied by him every night.

"But Chase's hand doesn't look dislocated or slightly affected," I pointed out, disgusted.

"Come on Liya," Luka sighed wanting me to accept his justifications for his unnecessary behaviour.

"What Luka? He's handling New York's most valuable multibillionaire business and he acts like this every second day," I crossed my arms over my chest and argued.

"He'll get better with his addiction. I'm trying," Luka convinces.

"Can you both argue outside the room, I want to sleep," Chase murmurs rudely burying his face in the pillow.

I frown my eyebrows at both of them and leave the room for mine. This is absurd. Luka was also an alcoholic and Lord knows it was hell getting him out of his addiction to alcohol and drugs. Chase on the other hand is a whole different story.

Luka has been running after him for years, bailing him from jail, taking him home nearly every night as he over drinks and what not. Chase and Luka were the only children in their family which made them really close. They were inseparable, more like brothers than friends.

Now, the first thing I and Luka will have to do tomorrow, is deal with his nuisance. My day off with him involved taking care of Chase. It was as close to becoming his parents and that was damn annoying.

Anyway, Luka's too busy putting Chase to bed that I fall asleep, thinking about how the rest of my life will be. The next morning I wake up early and head down into the kitchen. It's only 7 am and there's a note on the kitchen island for me.

'They called me in for an emergency shoot this morning. I'll be home by 5, please be nice to Chase' – Luka.

Oh, come on. Not today. This modelling agency needs to stop with its emergency shoots. Me and Luka both work for New York's most famous modelling agency and he's well-known around the city. In fact globally for his looks and pretty face.

I started off in fashion school before Luka had put in a recommendation for me. Now I've been in this agency for a year. Since I'm new they haven't given me any big brand advertisements. I work around small business advertisements.

Though it would be a dream to model a famous fashion brand. But I know I'll get there one day. I open the fridge to get myself some juice and as I turn towards the kitchen island Chase stands at the entrance, firing his eyes at me. His eyes travel all over me even though I'm fully covered in my pyjamas.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I sarcastically winced my eyes, uncapping the bottle lid.

"Don't need to, you wear less in my dream every night Strawberry," he speaks in his sleepy deep voice.