𝐂𝐡. 𝟓𝟕 | 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Chase

I didn't let her escape from my arms after that night. And she didn't try escaping too. My arms held her so tight to my chest, feeling overwhelmed. She was quiet but I knew she wanted to cry. Cry for easily confessing those words months after his death.

In that moment, even my heart ached. My heart never knew what pain and ache was until I took hers onto myself. The moment she had said maybe she loved me, my brain drove into insanity. It is still fusing and exploding insanely to the point where I want to drive off a cliff to escape her.

This obsession only seems to pleasure me so much that I want it even more till it ends me. It's about to end me. I had brought her contraceptives that night after finishing off in her. I had forgotten everything with that confession and I know she wouldn't want to carry my child when we don't own an official, warming relationship.

She was on my mind all day at work today. It was paining and burning my forehead physically. My face turned so red with the stress of how she'd feel towards me after that. My vulnerability took the best of me yesterday when I ached in jealousy. Luka should be the last person I should be jealous of. But he was the only one I was jealous of.

Walking into my room, I found her leaning against the balcony looking into the night sky. My coat falls onto the couch as I head out to join her. The star was shining so bright until I joined her. It went dull so fast.

"I think he's mad at me," I had drawn the conclusion after a moment of silence.

"Luka could never have been mad at you," she painfully laughs, holding back her tears.

Another moment of silence hits between us. My body froze as I stared at the bright star, having its shine directed at Liya only. Luka indeed was mad at me. I think he's been mad at me since our last encounter.

"His mother dropped off the ownership papers of his house a while ago. He left it for you," I told, not wanting to.

"He had done everything to make that house a place where all my dreams come true," she sighs, in a mix of appreciation and sorrow.

My lip twitches and anger covers like a shade over my eyes. I was getting sick of feeling like a toxic, polluted bag of jealousy.

It only made me want her even more and more. Only to myself. I turn to walk away from her, from the star that wants to adore her tonight the way she wants to adore it. But my hand gets held back by a soft touch of peacefulness.

"About last night..." she utters hesitantly, bringing up the conversation about her confession of being in love with me.

"It was a mistake. Everything was," I cleared with harsh words that seemed to instantly bring even more pain and anger in her eyes.

Her body language changed and she stood there in silence, processing what I had just said. She was threatened by what I had said because a dangerous fighting chuckle came my way.

"Is this what you're going to define it as? A mistake?" her eyebrows raised in desperation to have me take my words back.

"I'm not going to keep you under a lie, Liya." I frowned taking angry steps towards her until she hit the edge of the balcony.

"It was only ever a mistake. Everything that has happened between us is a mistake. The only thing that isn't a mistake is that star you look up to every night," her eyes trembled left and right, focusing on me.

"You want to move into his house. Do so. You want me to move in with you? I will. But don't expect me to love you..." the bitterness of my words pinched me hard too.